Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Compiling IRSSI on Solaris 10 Post 302238423 by FloridaBSD on Friday 19th of September 2008 11:16:16 PM
Old 09-20-2008
Compiling IRSSI on Solaris 10

How does one go aout compiling irssi locally on a fresh installation of Solaris 10,

Out put from ./configure m command
/download/1rss1-0.8.12
Code:
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for style of include used by make... none
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

Ho w do i get the C comiler in the path?

How do I compile GCC, GAWK, MAWK, or al they already installed but in different directories.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error on compiling php for GD on SOLARIS 10

Hi everyone, I have SUn E250 server running solaris 10. I have installed apache 2 + MySQL + PHP-5.1.4 following the guidelines on this website http://meljr.com/~meljr/AMPSolaris10.html Excellent document for first time installation. Now, because I wanted to use Coppermine Photo Gallery, I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: callingrohit
9 Replies

2. Programming

Compiling in Solaris

Hi, I'm new to Unix. I'm trying to compile a shared library in Solaris running on x86. I get "void value not ignored as it ought to be" error when trying "make". But it compiles fine in Fedora. How can this happen? I think both are using the same type of compiler. What can I do to get around... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerb
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compiling php5 on solaris 9. please help.

I'm trying to compile PHP5. I've installed mysql5 successfully and apache1.3 is working great, but I get the message below when I compile PHP5. I double checked if I have libxml2 installed and I do. I installed libxml2 binary from sunfreeware. Please see below for details: ./configure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
5 Replies

4. Solaris

irssi on solaris

Hello! I have installed irssi on solaris 10 but i have som strange problems. The irssi keeps on bugging with colors, the text moves, so sometimes you type twice in channels etc. (very hard to explain :) ) Very hard to explain, but maby somebody understands and have a suggestions, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: empty
1 Replies

5. Solaris

compiling Seamonkey 1.1.9 on Solaris 9 sparc

I have gotten tired of getting error messages from SeaMonkey about not being on the latest version. I have downloaded the source for SeaMonkey, and when I attempt to make it with "gmake -f client.mk build" , I get the following error message: configure: error: Library requirements (pango... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tderscheid
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

compiling netsnmp on solaris 8

Hello all Currently I am trying to install net-snmp-5.5 on a V480 Solaris 8 machine however things are hardly going smooth. I'm running configure will the following options. ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mib-modules="smux ucd-snmp/diskio ucd-snmp/lmSensors host"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
2 Replies

7. Solaris

problem compiling apache on solaris

Hi I'm trying to install apache 2.2.14 on Solaris with Openssl. I'm using following configure options: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-ssl --enable-module=so --enable-proxy=shared --enable-proxy-http=shared --enable-proxy-ajp=shared --with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aelfric
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Compiling Speed Issues in Solaris 10

Hello All Our development team is about to compile a code and the issue is with time. This server's LDOM has 56 virtual CPUs each 1.4GHz and the memory is 8GB with 4 GB free. The problem is for the same compiling other server takes 15 minutes and this requires 30 minutes. Please let me know your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Compiling Error in Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10

Hi all, I am getting the following error While installing Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10. #./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh : autoheader : not found ./autogen.sh : test : argument expected Please help me as I am in a critical state of the project. Warm regards, Sathya (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling automake-1.15 in Solaris 10 SPARC

Hi there. I have unzipped automake-1.15.tar.gz into a directory on my HDD that has Solaris 10 SPARC OS installed inside a SUN/Oracle SPARC server. I can configure automake-1.15 successfully but when I try to compile automake-1.15 using 'make command, I have the following error message.. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphatron150
4 Replies
BOS_SETAUTH(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BOS_SETAUTH(8)

NAME
       bos_setauth - Sets authorization checking requirements for all server processes

SYNOPSIS
       bos setauth -server <machine name> -authrequired (on | off)
	   [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]

bos seta -s <machine name> -a (on | off)
	   [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The bos setauth command enables or disables authorization checking on the server machine named by the -server argument. When authorization
       checking is enabled (the normal case), the AFS server processes running on the machine verify that the issuer of a command meets its
       privilege requirements. When authorization checking is disabled, server processes perform any action for anyone, including the unprivileged
       user "anonymous"; this security exposure precludes disabling of authorization checking except during installation or emergencies.

To indicate to the server processes that authorization checking is disabled, the BOS Server creates the zero-length file
       /var/lib/openafs/local/NoAuth on its local disk. All AFS server processes constantly monitor for the NoAuth file's presence and do not
       check for authorization when it is present. The BOS Server removes the file when this command is used to re-enable authorization checking.

CAUTIONS
       Do not create the NoAuth file directly, except when directed by instructions for dealing with emergencies (doing so requires being logged
       in as the local superuser "root"). Use this command instead.

OPTIONS
       -server <machine name>
	   Indicates the server machine on which to enable or disable authorization checking. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name
	   (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8).

-authrequired (on | off)
	   Enables authorization checking if the value is "on", or disables it if the value is "off".

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).

-noauth
	   Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket
	   to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following example disables authorization checking on the machine "fs7.abc.com":

% bos setauth -server fs7.abc.com -authrequired off

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a
       server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

SEE ALSO
       KeyFile(5), NoAuth(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_restart(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							    BOS_SETAUTH(8)