Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Filesystem filling up and no clue as to why! Post 302238347 by zombiezparadize on Friday 19th of September 2008 04:12:41 PM
Old 09-19-2008
Thanks for your replies!

I figured out that the mount point was not empty by itself!
The mount point itself had about 300MB of data.
I unmounted the filesystem and checked for disk usage and bingo!
There it was!

Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I have no clue what's the point - fcntl() ?

hi, I need to know how to lock a file. I used the following code, but after executing the program the file 'write.txt' remined empty, and I have no idea why.Maybe I'm not using the corresponding syntax for blocking a file. But I deleted then the blocking part and the problem persisted. see to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

diff command filling /var filesystem space

Hi, I am using diff command to check difference between two files.Both files are very big and when i execute this command /var temp space is filled up almost 99%. Can any one please tell me is there any way i can specify directory name which has more space so that diff can use that dir for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root filesystem filling up!

Hi all. New to the forum and new to Unix admin... / filesystem filled up and I can't find where the large files are. Any help will be apppreciated: # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8063580 7941745 41200 100% / /proc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a clue to write a IF statement

Hi all, i am writing a shell script in which i got stuck when tried to use a if statement. This is my code : #!/bin/sh today=`date +"%a %b %e"` find /prod/logs -name '*.log' -mtime 0 -exec cp {} /home/hzjnr0/test \; find /home/hzjnr0/test -type f -exec grep -i "successfully" {} \; >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soma Das
6 Replies
Sys::Filesystem::Solaris(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Sys::Filesystem::Solaris(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Filesystem::Solaris - Return Solaris filesystem information to Sys::Filesystem SYNOPSIS
See Sys::Filesystem. INHERITANCE
Sys::Filesystem::Solaris ISA Sys::Filesystem::Unix ISA UNIVERSAL METHODS
version () Return the version of the (sub)module. ATTRIBUTES
The following is a list of filesystem properties which may be queried as methods through the parent Sys::Filesystem object. device Resource name. device_to_fsck The raw device to fsck. mount_point The default mount directory. fs_vfstype The name of the file system type. fs_freq The number used by fsck to decide whether to check the file system automatically. mount_at_boot Whether the file system should be mounted automatically by mountall. fs_mntops The file system mount options. time The time at which the file system was mounted. SEE ALSO
Solaris::DeviceTree VERSION
$Id: Solaris.pm 128 2010-05-12 13:16:44Z trevor $ AUTHOR
Nicola Worthington <nicolaw@cpan.org> - <http://perlgirl.org.uk> Jens Rehsack <rehsack@cpan.org> - <http://www.rehsack.de/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004,2005,2006 Nicola Worthington. Copyright 2009,2010 Jens Rehsack. This software is licensed under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> perl v5.10.1 2010-05-18 Sys::Filesystem::Solaris(3pm)