Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris "syntax error near unexpected token `fi' " Post 302238116 by GIC1986 on Friday 19th of September 2008 03:43:35 AM
Old 09-19-2008
ok...

there no if condition at all....

thanks you...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"syntax error at line 21 :'done' unexpected." error message"

I am trying to run the script bellow but its given me "syntax error at line 20 :'done' unexpected." error message" can someone check to see if the script is ok? and correct me pls. Today is my first day with scripting. Gurus should pls help out #!/bin/ksh # Purpose: Check to see if file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I have a very simple script that reads in the contents of a file (_open.txt) into an array "lyrics": #!/bin/sh # read in the text lyrics=( `cat _open.txt` | tr '\n' ' ') exit 0 It gives the following error message: ./lyrics.sh: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")") I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash (Ubuntu server): Syntax error: "|" unexpected in While-loop

Hello forum, I hope my problem is easy to solve for someone in here! My main task is to copy a large amount of imap-accounts from one server to another. There is a tool (Perl) called imapsync which does the job exellent. Unfortunately I'm only able to run it on one account at a time. After... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primaxx
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `"Hit <ENTER> to continue:"'

the below code will search attr string inside makefile under the modelno on given path. echo "Enter model no for searching string inside makefile" read inputs2 #find /pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model/$inputs2 -name "makefile" | xargs grep "attr" \; #;;I am getting below error.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "syntax error: unexpected end of file"

Hi Techies, can anyone please debug the following Script and let me know what is going wrong here. im getting the following error #!/usr/bin/bash # ############################################################################################## # # Variables # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected"

While i m running below code, it is giving me the error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected". Pls let me know what is wrong here..i tried many ways, but no luck dbSID="SWQE" usrname="apps" password="Wrgthrk3" count=0 while do sqlplus $usrname/$password@$dbSID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

9. BSD

Keep getting error "-bash: ./.profile_z2: line 52: syntax error: unexpected end of file"

#!/bin/bash #-------------------------------------------------------- # Setup prompt # Author Zeeshan Mirza # Data: 06-08-2017 #-------------------------------------------------------- if then . ./.profile_custom_pre fi umask 022 set -o vi export EDITOR=vi export VISUAL=vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: getzeeshan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file"

Hello all, I am running a script to generate a report and mail it to an email address. When I am trying to validate whether the file is a 0 kb file, I am getting the below error. Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file" Any suggestions please? Code: #!/bin/sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
1 Replies
pthread_cond_signal(3T) 												   pthread_cond_signal(3T)

NAME
pthread_cond_signal(), pthread_cond_broadcast() - unblock one or all threads waiting on a condition variable SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
cond Pointer to the condition variable to be signaled or broadcast. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to wake-up one of the threads that are waiting for the occurrence of a condition associated with condition variable cond. If there are no threads blocked on cond, this function has no effect. If more than one thread is blocked on cond, the scheduling policy determines which thread is unblocked. It is possible that more than one thread can be unblocked due to a spurious wakeup. The function is used to wake-up all threads that are waiting for the occurrence of a condition associated with the condition variable cond. If there are no threads blocked on cond, this function has no effect. If more than one thread is blocked on cond, the scheduling policy determines the order in which threads are unblocked. The condition variabled denoted by cond must have been dynamically initialized by a call to or statically initialized with the macro An unblocked thread will reacquire the mutex it held when it started the condition wait before returning from or The threads that are unblocked contend for the mutex according to their scheduling policy and priority. The or functions can be called by a thread whether or not it currently owns the condition variable's associated mutex. For predictable scheduling behavior and to prevent lost wake-ups, the mutex should be held when signaling a condition variable. Usage When using condition variables, there is a boolean predicate associated with each condition wait. If this predicate is false, the thread should do a condition wait. Spurious wakeups may occur when waiting on a condition variable. Because the return values from and do not imply anything about the value of this predicate, the predicate should always be re-evaluated. Applications using condition variables typically acquire a mutex and enter a loop which checks the predicate. Depending on the value of the predicate, the thread either breaks out of the loop or waits on the condition. On return from the condition wait, the predicate is re- evaluated. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the and functions return the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] cond is not a valid condition variable. [EFAULT] cond parameter points to an illegal address. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_cond_init(3T), pthread_cond_wait(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_cond_signal(3T)