Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to grab lines between two values Post 302238061 by summer_cherry on Friday 19th of September 2008 12:07:41 AM
Old 09-19-2008
Code:
awk '{
 if($0=="AAAAA")
       a=1
 if(a==1)
       print
 if($0=="BBBBBB")
 {
       print ""
      a=0
 }
}' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grab next consecutive line or lines

Hello i'm writting a krn shell that will find the letter F and I would like to grab everything from F till 0:00. Is there a sed or awk command that i could use. Thank you. File is looks like this. 11/12 xxx xxxx xxx F xxxx xxxx some info entered here some info entered here xxxx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisher115
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!! Need script to read files and add values by lines...

Hi All, I really need your help. I am a begginner in shell script and I believe this is a very simple issue. I have in my directory, n-files, like 1.dhm, 2.dhm, 3.dhm. These files have 1 column with 1 value per line, like: 1.dhm ------ 10 20 30 40 50 2.dhm ------ 30 50 20 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhuertas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grab PID of a process and kill it in a script

#!/bin/sh who echo "\r" echo Enter the terminal ID of the user in use: echo "\r" read TERM_ID echo "\r" ps -t $TERM_ID | grep sh echo "\r" echo Enter the process number to end: echo "\r" read PID echo "\r" kill -9 $PID What this code does is ultimately grab the PID of a users sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to read lines from file and count values

Hi, I need some help with a script I'm trying to write. I have a log file containing references to a number of different webservices. I wish to write a script that will list the webservices with a count as to how many times they appear in the log. An example of the log file content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gman2010
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script - extracting min and max values from selected lines

Hi guys! I'm new to scripting and I need to write a script in awk. Here is example of file on which I'm working ATOM 4688 HG1 PRO A 322 18.080 59.680 137.020 1.00 0.00 ATOM 4689 HG2 PRO A 322 18.850 61.220 137.010 1.00 0.00 ATOM 4690 CD ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: grincz
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grab shell script error

How do I capture an error for any command I use. For e.g if i try to zip a file and the file is not there. The regualr $? -gt 0 only tells its un-successful but won't tell me that the file is not there when I run through a script. How can I capture this error? for e.g.. zip $x.zip $x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to grab the most found lines

awk 'NR>=5034&&/Max/{++c}c==3{o=$0 RS $0 RS $0; print o; c=0}' logfile i would like to modify the above awk command to instead show lines that are the most frequent: for instance, given a log file containing: Warning MaxClient is having issues - please MaxClients java error...yams... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Q: grab email username from script

Hi all, I want to set up a script to email a person to confirm another program is running but i wish to avoid having to customise the script for each individiual. I am ok with what i need to do except i need to get the first and last name of the user to construct an email address to send to.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KlintJ
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove/grab lines from file with pattern from other file

Sorry for the weird title but i have the following problem. We have several files which have between 10000 and about 500000 lines in them. From these files we want to remove lines which contain a pattern which is located in another file (around 20000 lines, all EAN codes). We also want to get... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
28 Replies
IO::Async::Signal(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Async::Signal(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Signal" - event callback on receipt of a POSIX signal SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Signal; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $signal = IO::Async::Signal->new( name => "HUP", on_receipt => sub { print "I caught SIGHUP "; }, ); $loop->add( $signal ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a particular POSIX signal is received. Multiple objects can be added to a "Loop" that all watch for the same signal. The callback functions will all be invoked, in no particular order. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_receipt Invoked when the signal is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": name => STRING The name of the signal to watch. This should be a bare name like "TERM". Can only be given at construction time. on_receipt => CODE CODE reference for the "on_receipt" event. Once constructed, the "Signal" will need to be added to the "Loop" before it will work. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Signal(3pm)