Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS The LXF Guide: 10 tips for lazy sysadmins Post 302237765 by b1f30 on Thursday 18th of September 2008 10:08:32 AM
Old 09-18-2008
Anything with Kerberos should be banned. :-p

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sysadmins: your top 10 duties/responsibilities?

For you Unix sysadmins: what are you 10 most common duties/responsibilities as sysadmins and what would you suggest a newbie sysadmin do to learn them? For instance, say adding/deleting users is one of your most common duties. So a newbie would be wise to get familiar with useradd/userdel,... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatkins679
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What to new sysadmins should be learning?

I'm reading through yet another book on Unix admin'ing and it occurs to me once again that there are simply way too many things that you could be learning about with Unix for a newbie and you don't have infinite amounts of time to learn it all. For instance, I'm told that learning the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatkins679
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

lazy capture don't work (regexp in perl)

hello all im trying to capture only the first brackets but no matter what i do i keep capturing from the first brackets to the last one , here what i have : <% if (!Env.strLen(oidInvoice)); szDocumentTitle = Env.formatS("S",Env.getMsg("BP_INVOICE_ENUMERATION_CREATE_TITLE")) %> and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Lazy binding related

Hi, I'm building an application that would connect to either one of the 2 databases in production. I want to keep the source code common for both environments. The problem lies in the fact that in the target servers there will be only one of the 2 databases installed, hence the application... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishdeepanand
2 Replies
KRB524_CONVERT_CREDS_KDC(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 			       KRB524_CONVERT_CREDS_KDC(3)

NAME
krb524_convert_creds_kdc, krb524_convert_creds_kdc_ccache -- converts Kerberos 5 credentials to Kerberos 4 credentials LIBRARY
Kerberos 5 Library (libkrb5, -lkrb5) SYNOPSIS
#include <krb5.h> krb5_error_code krb524_convert_creds_kdc(krb5_context context, krb5_creds *in_cred, struct credentials *v4creds); krb5_error_code krb524_convert_creds_kdc_ccache(krb5_context context, krb5_ccache ccache, krb5_creds *in_cred, struct credentials *v4creds); DESCRIPTION
Convert the Kerberos 5 credential to Kerberos 4 credential. This is done by sending them to the 524 service in the KDC. krb524_convert_creds_kdc() converts the Kerberos 5 credential in in_cred to Kerberos 4 credential that is stored in credentials. krb524_convert_creds_kdc_ccache() is different from krb524_convert_creds_kdc() in that way that if in_cred doesn't contain a DES session key, then a new one is fetched from the KDC and stored in the cred cache ccache, and then the KDC is queried to convert the credential. This interfaces are used to make the migration to Kerberos 5 from Kerberos 4 easier. There are few services that still need Kerberos 4, and this is mainly for compatibility for those services. Some services, like AFS, really have Kerberos 5 supports, but still uses the 524 inter- face to make the migration easier. SEE ALSO
krb5(3), krb5.conf(5) HEIMDAL
March 20, 2004 HEIMDAL