Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris rlogin, telnet connections timeout Post 302237592 by dr_gsb on Thursday 18th of September 2008 01:48:31 AM
Old 09-18-2008
Error

Any comments?This is very important for me Smilie--gsb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rlogin & telnet

hi what is the main difference between rlogin and telnet? Or they are synonymous cheers (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: g-e-n-o
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet session timeout

hi, we can set something such that if the user has been idle for a while, it will auto disconnect. where to do so? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet, rlogin, ssh login probblem

Hello Friends, I had an IRIX box won't let me login with any IDs (even root) Telnet, Rlogin, SSh. However, I can login by single user with root ID. Telnet login >>> Connection closed by forgeign host. Rlogin >>> Connection closed SSh login >>> connection to address ???.????.???.??? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anphdula
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing telnet connections in a script

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to test to see if a server is accepting telnet connections via a script. I have several remote MPE servers that are set in single user mode (and hence not accepting telnet connections), for their backups, I want to try and automate a test (from a unix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dikiee
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Disable telnet timeout

Hi, Can someone help me how I can disable telnet timeout? I'm connecting remotely to some machines and after some time my telnet connection was closed. How can I disable this so that I'm always connected to those machines? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

rlogin,telnet-different or same?

Hai guys, Both "rlogin" and "telnet" are used to login remote host.Is there any differece between these 2 commands? (or) are both same? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for nested rlogin and telnet

I want to write a script that rlogins to a couple machines and then from the last machine, telnet into a final machine and execute a command. So in pseudocode it would look like: rlogin host1 from host1 rlogin host2 from host2 telnet host3 from host 3 execute command The reason for the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcburke38
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin and telnet

I want to make a script which will execute a command from a remote server like below rlogin server1 then telnet server2 (username, password will be given) now execute command (it may "ls -l *.txt") and give the output I've to do this manually but want to make it automatic Script may... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoeb
4 Replies

9. Linux

Telnet Timeout

is there a way to add a timeout parameter to telnet when connecting to any IP address? like, if this IP doesn't respond within 10 seconds, abort. thanks i'm looking for something like this: telnet gaggaga.com 443 -t 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping and telnet timeout

Hello, I need help, I have the following which save in the result file ping and telnet:port test. Basically the script works but I should implement a check on ping and telnet command so that ping has 5 seconds threshold and telnet (more important) 10 seconds. Over that threshold ping and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
0 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)