Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Need solution for Bat FIle using FOR Cycle Post 302236990 by osramos on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 07:17:05 PM
Old 09-16-2008
Need solution for Bat FIle using FOR Cycle

Hi people.

Don't know if you could help me, but here it goes anyway.

I need to search for some directories, and if i for any file founded a must run another Bat file.

Can this be done in DOS ?

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to create .bat file to store log file

Hi guys. Can someone point me to a resource that explains this? Basically these are websphere logs that need to be stored daily, I'm on sunOS 5.8. Each new file stored could have the current time as its filename. The script could be run on a cron which I can set up. I'm just not sure how to write... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirtybrown
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk,gawk in bat file

Hi. I'm trying to convert bat file into shell script. Bat file invokes awk file in one section: c:\upg\exe\gawk -f c:\upg\awk\gen_sae.awk -v OP=C:\\upg\\lod\\... ...c:\upg\ref\saaxi.ref c:\upg\log\SAAEPWO.log c:\upg\ref\saaepref.log First of all I issued unix2dos command on that awk file.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrej
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

one question for .bat file

Hi! I'm very sorry for such simple and silly question but I cannot answer it by myself. Can you please help me? In .bat file I should run the C program which is in other directory, and the input configuration file is in this directory too. This dir name is in dirRun variable. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Calling a .bat file using Korn script

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a .bat file using KSH

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bat file

Hi guys, I need a *.bat to run a ksh file in the shell on Windows NT...nothing more :) How do I do it? I tried with the following but it failed: set INFORMIXDIR=D:\user-applications\informix set PATH=%INFORMIXDIR%;%PATH% D:\user-applications\MKS\mksnt\sh.exe C:\hk_9.2\C3_weekly_auto.ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run cygwin in .bat file

Hello everyone, I've written quite a few AWK scripts to run in cygwin and now, I would like to run them one after the other in a .bat file. The problem is, I tried modifying the .bat file used to run cygwin in the first place, but whenever I change something, it doesn't work. The PATH is set up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable getting results from a log file; compare it in an IF cycle

Hi All I am going crazy trying to resolve this easy task.... I have a log file that is created by xcode; and it contains the results of a build (either success or fail); what i am trying to achieve here is to get the result from the log, and check if is a pass or fail in an IF statement, so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiez
3 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Executing .bat file

Hi , I have a bat file on windows machine ,I need to excute it from my local unix machine using sambe utility.Is there any comman to execute the .bat file remotely. Using samba utility i can post files to and fro from windows to unix but i don't comman to exute the .bat file. can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with bat file!!!

I need to put/get files from Windows machine to Unix machine and vice-versa. I wrote a text file "ftp1.txt" as below. naga naga06 cd /root/Naga prom off get time.unl bye I wrote another bat file "ftp.bat" as below. ftp -n -s:C:\Users\Naga\Desktop\ftp1.txt IP_ADDRESS but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies
LDCONFIG(8)                                                  Linux Programmer's Manual                                                 LDCONFIG(8)

NAME
ldconfig - configure dynamic linker run-time bindings SYNOPSIS
/sbin/ldconfig [-nNvXV] [-f conf] [-C cache] [-r root] directory... /sbin/ldconfig -l [-v] library... /sbin/ldconfig -p DESCRIPTION
ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the most recent shared libraries found in the directories specified on the command line, in the file /etc/ld.so.conf, and in the trusted directories, /lib and /usr/lib (on some 64-bit architectures such as x86-64, lib and /usr/lib are the trusted directories for 32-bit libraries, while /lib64 and /usr/lib64 are used for 64-bit libraries). The cache is used by the run-time linker, ld.so or ld-linux.so. ldconfig checks the header and filenames of the libraries it encounters when determining which versions should have their links updated. ldconfig will attempt to deduce the type of ELF libraries (i.e., libc5 or libc6/glibc) based on what C libraries, if any, the library was linked against. Some existing libraries do not contain enough information to allow the deduction of their type. Therefore, the /etc/ld.so.conf file format allows the specification of an expected type. This is used only for those ELF libraries which we can not work out. The format is "dirname=TYPE", where TYPE can be libc4, libc5, or libc6. (This syntax also works on the command line.) Spaces are not allowed. Also see the -p option. ldconfig should normally be run by the superuser as it may require write permission on some root owned directories and files. OPTIONS
-c fmt, --format=fmt (Since glibc 2.2) Cache format to use: old, new, or compat (default). -C cache Use cache instead of /etc/ld.so.cache. -f conf Use conf instead of /etc/ld.so.conf. -i, --ignore-aux-cache (Since glibc 2.7) Ignore auxiliary cache file. -l (Since glibc 2.2) Library mode. Manually link individual libraries. Intended for use by experts only. -n Process only the directories specified on the command line. Don't process the trusted directories, nor those specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. Implies -N. -N Don't rebuild the cache. Unless -X is also specified, links are still updated. -p, --print-cache Print the lists of directories and candidate libraries stored in the current cache. -r root Change to and use root as the root directory. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. Print current version number, the name of each directory as it is scanned, and any links that are created. Overrides quiet mode. -V, --version Print program version. -X Don't update links. Unless -N is also specified, the cache is still rebuilt. FILES
/lib/ld.so Run-time linker/loader. /etc/ld.so.conf File containing a list of directories, one per line, in which to search for libraries. /etc/ld.so.cache File containing an ordered list of libraries found in the directories specified in /etc/ld.so.conf, as well as those found in the trusted directories. SEE ALSO
ldd(1), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU 2017-09-15 LDCONFIG(8)