Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Blocking FTP login at Solaris Post 302236752 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 09:19:33 AM
Old 09-16-2008
Perhaps it might be better to exclude by UIDs as in
Code:
awk -F: '$3 > 100 && $3 < 60000 {print $1}' /etc/passwd > ......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking ftp users to connect using telnet

Hi everybody ! We have all flavors of Unix / Linux and we want to restrict ftp users to telnet our servers. We can't disable telnet because we have other users using it. :confused: Are there any thing that could be done to solve this thing ??? Best regards, Julio Moreira (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliocdrm
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 slow login thru ssh & ftp

When I ssh to my box, an Ultra 5. I get prompted for password immediately. I enter it and have to wait sometimes a full minute for it to prompt for a password. The same thing happens when i try to ftp to the box, it will say connected, but it takes forever to prompt for password, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

4. Solaris

FTP login failed.

Hi guys, Can you please help me. I have SUN V100 server running solaris 8. I also have a Redhat Linux 6.2 machine and a windows XP machine on the network. I'm trying to copy files from the Linux and XP machines to the V100 server. When I try to ftp to the solaris machine, I'm challenged... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Blocking outgoing connection to ports/host in solaris

Hi, I want to block all outgoing connection ( the IMAP ) to my exchnage . I have to do it in my solaris server; from solaris host no outgoing connection can be made to the imap server. Please help me to configure that. I am new in solaris. Kind regards, Akhtar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtarbd
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which program can I use for blocking unauthorized access via/ssh/ftp

Hi, I need to install a program on my Centos 5.3 server that will block unauthorized ssh/ftp access attempts. The two features I require is that I should be able to configure the program to block the IP of the intruder after a a certain amount of access attempts and that it should display a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

8. Solaris

[Solved] Solaris 10 - Ftp Login incorrect

Hey everyone, I am trying to get a 2GB patch cluster FTP'd to a solaris 10 server. I have tried logging in via ftp, and both with root as well as my personal account, I get "Login Incorrect." I have verified that I can log in using telnet. -bash-3.00$ netstat -a |grep ftp *.ftp ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
10 Replies

9. Solaris

FTP log only shows FTP LOGIN FROM entry?

OS: Solaris 9 Configuration /etc/syslog.conf daemon.debug /etc/inetd.conf ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd in.ftpd -A -l -d Found the ftp.log only generate those entries from other servers/hosts. Can we trace on all ftp entries either from/to the server? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
6 Replies

10. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies
GSL-RANDIST(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GSL-RANDIST(1)

NAME
gsl-randist - generate random samples from various distributions SYNOPSYS
gsl-randist seed n DIST param1 param2 [..] DESCRIPTION
gsl-randist is a demonstration program for the GNU Scientific Library. It generates n random samples from the distribution DIST using the distribution parameters param1, param2, ... EXAMPLE
Here is an example. We generate 10000 random samples from a Cauchy distribution with a width of 30 and histogram them over the range -100 to 100, using 200 bins. gsl-randist 0 10000 cauchy 30 | gsl-histogram -100 100 200 > histogram.dat A plot of the resulting histogram will show the familiar shape of the Cauchy distribution with fluctuations caused by the finite sample size. awk '{print $1, $3 ; print $2, $3}' histogram.dat | graph -T X SEE ALSO
gsl(3), gsl-histogram(1). AUTHOR
gsl-randist was written by James Theiler and Brian Gough. Copyright 1996-2000; for copying conditions see the GNU General Public Licence. This manual page was added by the Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>, the Debian GNU/Linux maintainer for GSL. GNU
GSL-RANDIST(1)