Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a lot of help with a script Post 302236660 by subhendu81 on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 04:09:08 AM
Old 09-16-2008
hi,
u can try this code...hope this will work..

#set -x
#!/bin/ksh
echo "enter a number from 1-20 : \c"
read number
echo you entered number : $number.
echo "square of your number is : `expr $number \* $number`."
echo "cube of your number is : `expr $number \* $number \* $number`."
echo "sqrt($number)"|bc > square_root
echo "square root of your number is:`cat square_root`"
rm square_root
exit 0

-subhendu-

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename a lot of files again

here I go again...kinda hard to explain so I apologize. I need to rename a bunch of files in a directory. I need to remove the first three characters of the filename, and then toward the end of the filename there is constant text inside of brackets. here is a demo (not for real) 'ls -1' of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help! I need a lot of help with unix!

Hey people, at first: I'm from Germany, so my english isn't very good, okay?;) I this september I start with my studys and now we use UNIX! I understand nothing. No, that's not right, at the beginnig I understood a little bit. But now we are at the .profile and there I have problem because my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tsukasu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

chmod a lot of files

So i have about 600gb of data.. in which there are alot of directories and alot of files.. Im trying to put this on a ftp server.. So i want to set the permissions on the directories to be 755 and the permission on the files to be 644. So i used: find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {}\; and find .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermiguel
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a lot of files using shells script

Hi This is the list file that i have : The files is more than this. I will rename one by one file become like this : So just change the time stamp 200906 become 200905. Is it possible using script ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
3 Replies

5. SCO

Very lot of systemcalls

I have one system running SCO MP4, whitch has sometimes a lot of system calls /s : CALLS/s: 23405 calls 0 forks 0 execs 6067 reads 78 writs 11975 Krwch PAGING/s: 0 pgins 0 pgots 5983 atchs 0 pflts 322 vfltsThese values are found with the tool rtpm ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkuiper
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automation the convert a lot number audio files to another format

I have a lot number audio files in the MP3 proprietary format, I want to convert them to 'opus' the free and higher quality format, with keep metadata also. My selection command-line programs are SoX (Sound eXchange) for convert MP3 files to 'AIFF' format in order to keep quality and metadata*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print a python script down a list in a text file without printing a lot combinations

In a python script I have 2 files printing side by side on the same line. I want to have 1 of the files to be already displayed at once while the other file print down the list in the file and it still will produce new lines. I want to do it like that to reduce printing a lot of lines and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
0 Replies
MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)													      MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)

mssql_fetch_field - Get field information

SYNOPSIS
object mssql_fetch_field (resource $result, [int $field_offset = -1]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_fetch_field(3) can be used in order to obtain information about fields in a certain query result. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical field offset. If the field offset is not specified, the next field that was not yet retrieved by this function is retrieved. The $field_offset starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object containing field information. The properties of the object are: o name - column name. if the column is a result of a function, this property is set to computed#N, where #N is a serial number. o column_source - the table from which the column was taken o max_length - maximum length of the column o numeric - 1 if the column is numeric o type - the column type. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_fetch_field(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information $field = mssql_fetch_field($query, $i); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_field_seek(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)