Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Keeping old Private Messages
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Keeping old Private Messages Post 302236598 by era on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 01:24:25 AM
Old 09-16-2008
Very nice, thank you!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping the format ...

Hi all, Am trying to execute a loop but having some troubles... Files that will be query'd use the Julian date (eg: cpu032, cpu365) in their naming convention. I'm a little lost how to maintain the three character format of the numeric portion of the file name while cycling backwards(or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
13 Replies

2. IP Networking

private network to private network gateway

i have one private network with one ip address, and i have a seperate network on a seperate ip address. now, each network is behind a firewall/router. now what i want to do is be able to access one server on the second network from a computer on the first., but with the private ip address, (this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

3. Solaris

keeping a process alive ?

Hello guys, I have one script running that I need to keep it running 24x7 so I'd like to know how can I implement a sort of monitoring process I mean if for some reason this process dies somehow it gets automatically started again. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerioni
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping last part

Hello, Sorry for the poor tilte but I still don't know how to this. Here is my problem. I have to huge log file. In this log file I can know where is stored all my files. As I have to get a reporting of of files I only need to keep the file name but I don't know how to do it. I hope you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace date value with another value keeping all as is

Hi forum. How do I change the following date value with another value (while keeping the rest of the line) using sed? The date values can change so I need a general sed command to change the date value within the first quotation marks only. Date values will be coming from 2 different files.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Private messages

Hi, As i am recieving private messages, i am unable to reply to them. Could you please enable my private messages. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace some strings keeping others

I want to replace strings in test2 according to test1 table. In doing so, I`m losing records that I dont need to replace, please suggest modifications. what i have $ cat > test1 a b c d   $ cat > test2 a a a d d   what i tried $ awk ' BEGIN {FS=OFS=" "} FNR==NR{a=$2;next}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Private Messages.

Well I have just noticed over the years that I have PMs that I have not seen or even known about. Apologies if any of you have not had any replies to your PMs. It is too late now as some go back to my early days on here. The notification that comes up currently has notified me of a couple... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
10 Replies
IMPLOG(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 IMPLOG(8)

NAME
implog - IMP log interpreter SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/implog [ -D ] [ -f ] [ -c ] [ -r ] [ -l [ link ] ] [ -h host# ] [ -i imp# ] [ -t message-type ] DESCRIPTION
Implog is program which interprets the message log produced by implogd(8C). If no arguments are specified, implog interprets and prints every message present in the message file. Options may be specified to force printing only a subset of the logged messages. -D Do not show data messages. -f Follow the logging process in action. This flags causes implog to print the current contents of the log file, then check for new logged messages every 5 seconds. -c In addition to printing any data messages logged, show the contents of the data in hexadecimal bytes. -r Print the raw imp leader, showing all fields, in addition to the formatted interpretation according to type. -l [ link# ] Show only those messages received on the specified ``link''. If no value is given for the link, the link number of the IP protocol is assumed. -h host# Show only those messages received from the specified host. (Usually specified in conjunction with an imp.) -i imp# Show only those messages received from the specified imp. -t message-type Show only those messages received of the specified message type. SEE ALSO
imp(4P), implogd(8C) BUGS
Can not specify multiple hosts, imps, etc. Can not follow reception of messages without looking at those currently in the file. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution November 16, 1996 IMPLOG(8)