Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsync Scripts for Offsite backups Post 302236069 by otheus on Sunday 14th of September 2008 02:49:20 PM
Old 09-14-2008
Haven't tried that, but that sounds like a great idea.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backups

When using hostdump.sh to backup a system I can do it fine. But how can I restore what I backuped up? :) Thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

offsite backup for solaris

any hot sites out there for backup of a sun unix server. can't verify my tape backups and want a "disaster recovery" option (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbksman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backups.

Hello everyone my ? is about backups. I'am running SCO OS 505 and currently backing up the hole HD. Well the back up is taking too long and this is becoming a problem for the users since we are a 24-7 bussines, I whant stop backing up every thing on the HD. What are the most important files and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kikkin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write orginal scripts to backups

hi iam new of scripting. give me some informtion of how to write backups file thanks&regards Naveen.g (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
1 Replies

5. AIX

Offsite Backup Solution

I'm looking for a program or some way to backup my server to another location onto another server. Does anyone have any ideas? What utility, server O/S(I would like to use Linux RH or CentOS)? Whats the best way to do this? I am fairly new with Unix. Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITAdmin08
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync Scripts

hi problem mutiple remote servers which need a nightly backup to our main server. Most servers are red hat but a few suse. Would rather so remote ssh sync then mounting them on servers but not set in stone. need to be ale to run a full monitor f each sync with a clear report being created. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync Backups on HostGator VPS

I'm wanting to do remote backups of the entire /home/* directory structure, which is where HG puts all www files and sets the user and group independently of any other user ( so /home/user1 will be using group user1, instead of a generic apache group) The problem I'm running into is that only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kettlewell
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backups using rsync

Hello all, I'm using nas4free as a SAN and am having troubles getting a backup of it's data to work properly. I've posted in the nas4free forums, but haven't received much help. Here is the code I'm using: #!/bin/sh {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dpatino
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
PCPPI(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  PCPPI(4)

NAME
pcppi -- PC (ISA) control port driver SYNOPSIS
pcppi* at acpi? pcppi* at isa? isabeep* at pcppi? (alpha only) sysbeep* at pcppi? (i386 only) spkr0 at pcppi? midi* at pcppi? DESCRIPTION
The pcppi driver handles resource allocation and device attachment for the ports related to the ISA speaker in the traditional PC/AT ``design''. These are the ``system control port'' (which was implemented by the 8255 ``PPI'' in the XT, hence the name of this driver) at IO address 0x61. When associated with an attimer(4) device, it is possible to change the pitch of the sounds emitted through pcppi. The pcppi driver provides its child devices with the ability to output simple tones through the PC speaker. The speaker(4) and midi(4) devices use this to synthesize sounds. The isabeep(4) and sysbeep(4) devices are helpers which the pckbd(4) driver uses as a substitute for a ``keyboard beep'', because the PC keyboard hardware doesn't provide this. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), attimer(4), isa(4), midi(4), pckbd(4), speaker(4) BSD
March 22, 2005 BSD