Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How can I parse xml file?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I parse xml file? Post 302235903 by frustrated1 on Saturday 13th of September 2008 06:08:56 PM
Old 09-13-2008
hmmm - I made a small change to the script and now I get

Bob Daly Ireland

I changed from :
$2=="ACCOUNT" && NF > 3{s=S3}
$2=="Name"{s=s" "S3}
$2=="Add"{s=s" "$3}

to:
$2=="ACCOUNT" && NF > 3{s=S3}
$2=="Name"{s=s" "$3}
$2=="Add"{s=s" "$3}

I dont know much about awk to know why this worked and what to do to get the ACCOUNT to work as well... Can you explain what each row of code in the script is actually doing?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file

Hi, I need to parse the following XML data enclosed in <a> </a> XML tag using shell script. <X> ..... </X> <a> <b> <c>data1</c> <c>data2</c> </b> <d> <c>data3</c> </d> </a> <XX> ... </XX> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viki
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse String in XML file

Hello All, I am new to this and I need to parse an XML file. Here's the XML Input File: <Report version="1.2"> <summary fatals="0" testcases="1" expected_fails="0" unexpected_passes="0" warnings="9" tests="21" errors="0" fails="1" passes="20" /> <testresult... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to parse the following xml file

Hi, I have the following file Example.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <html><set label="09/07/29" value="1241.90"/> </html> Can any one help me in parsing this xml file I want to retrive the attribute values of the tag set Example I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raji_gadam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse xml file

Hello all, Given the following extract from a xml file with multiple <JOB> .... </JOB> entries <JOB APPLICATION="APP" APR="0" AUG="0" AUTHOR="AUT" AUTOARCH="0" CMDLINE="/tmp/test1 %%var" CONFIRM="1" CREATION_DATE="20100430" CREATION_TIME="130739" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

7. Programming

Parse XML file

How do I get the field info for tags ID, NAME, DESCRIPTION. Below is my current code put I can't get beyond the first_child of the file. use strict; use warnings; use XML::Simplehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png; use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse xml file

HI Guys, Input .XML <xn:MeContext id="L0307"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="1"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataENodeBFunction</xn:vsDataType> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML File.

HI Guys I have Below XML File : <xn:SubNetwork id="XYZ"> <xn:SubNetwork id="C01"> <xn:MeContext id="CO1"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <un:RncFunction id="1"> <un:UtranCell id="NY431"> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse xml file

I am trying to create a shell script that will parse an xml file (file attached). awk '/Id v=/ { print }' Test.xml | sed 's!<Id v=\"\(.*\)\"/>!\1!' > output.txt An output.txt file is created but it is empty. It should contain the value 222159 in it. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
MC-TOOL(1)							     Utilities								MC-TOOL(1)

NAME
mc-tool - manipulate Mission Control accounts from the command line SYNOPSIS
mc-tool list mc-tool add PROFILE DISPLAY-NAME [PARAMETER-SETTINGS...] mc-tool add MANAGER/PROTOCOL [PARAMETER-SETTINGS...] mc-tool update ACCOUNT [PARAMETER-SETTINGS...] mc-tool display ACCOUNT DISPLAY-NAME mc-tool nick ACCOUNT NICKNAME mc-tool service ACCOUNT SERVICE-NAME mc-tool icon ACCOUNT ICON mc-tool show ACCOUNT mc-tool get ACCOUNT PARAMETER [PARAMETER...] mc-tool auto-presence ACCOUNT STATUS [MESSAGE] mc-tool request ACCOUNT STATUS [MESSAGE] mc-tool auto-connect ACCOUNT on|off mc-tool remove ACCOUNT DESCRIPTION
mc-tool's usage depends on its first argument (the "command") SPECIFYING ACCOUNTS Where an account name is needed, it may be given as a full object path (e.g. /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/gabble/jabber/example), or as the unique account-specific suffix (e.g. gabble/jabber/example). SPECIFYING PARAMETER SETTINGS Many commands take arguments that represent Telepathy connection manager parameters (see the Telepathy Specification for details of these). Each argument has the following form: TYPE:NAME=VALUE where TYPE is either int, uint, bool, or string (other parameter types exist, but are currently unsupported by mc-tool), NAME is the name of the connection manager parameter (e.g. account or password), and VALUE is the parameter's value (with integers in decimal, and booleans as 0 or 1). The update command also accepts arguments of the form clear:NAME which delete the named parameter from the account configuration. LIST mc-tool list lists the available accounts. ADD mc-tool add adds an account. The connection manager and protocol can either be given as the name of a Mission Control profile, (e.g. gtalk), or as a slash-separated connection manager name and protocol (e.g. gabble/jabber). DISPLAY mc-tool display ACCOUNT DISPLAY-NAME sets the DisplayName property of ACCOUNT to DISPLAY-NAME. NICK mc-tool nick ACCOUNT NICKNAME sets the Nickname property of ACCOUNT to NICKNAME. SERVICE mc-tool service ACCOUNT SERVICE-NAME sets the Service property of ACCOUNT to SERVICE-NAME. ICON mc-tool icon ACCOUNT ICON sets the Icon property of ACCOUNT to ICON. SHOW mc-tool show ACCOUNT shows information about ACCOUNT. GET mc-tool get ACCOUNT PARAMETER [PARAMETER...] shows the values of the given parameters of ACCOUNT. ENABLE mc-tool enable ACCOUNT sets the Enabled property of ACCOUNT to True. DISABLE mc-tool disable ACCOUNT sets the Enabled property of ACCOUNT to False. AUTO-PRESENCE mc-tool auto-presence ACCOUNT STATUS [MESSAGE] sets the AutomaticPresence property of ACCOUNT to STATUS with optional message MESSAGE. REQUEST mc-tool request ACCOUNT STATUS [MESSAGE] sets the RequestedPresence property of ACCOUNT to STATUS with optional message MESSAGE; this is how you tell an account to connect or go offline, for example. AUTO-CONNECT mc-tool auto-connect ACCOUNT on sets the ConnectAutomatically property of ACCOUNT to True. mc-tool auto-connect ACCOUNT off sets it to False. Telepathy July 2009 MC-TOOL(1)