Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Format data before i email it to the User Post 302235892 by drl on Saturday 13th of September 2008 04:24:00 PM
Old 09-13-2008
Hi.

If you are asking to require the length of each line to be folded after character 32, then use:
Code:
fold -w32 filename

if you want to break at words, then look at man fmt

If you are asking for the trailing line:
Code:
<----------32 charachters--------->

(sic), to appear in the output file, then that can be done with an echo appending to the output file:
Code:
echo >> outputfile
echo "<----------32 charachters--------->" >> outputfile

... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting a tabular format data to comma seperated data in KSH

Hi, Could anyone help me in changing a tabular format output to comma seperated file pls in K-sh. Its very urgent. E.g : username empid ------------------------ sri 123 to username,empid sri,123 Thanks, Hema:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send email as a different user than the user logged in

Hi I am using mailx to send email and am wondering if there is a way I can send the email from a different user than the user logged in. something like do-not-reply@xyz.com Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format the output to sent in Email

Hi I have a script #!/bin/sh # email addresses to send results to, separated by a space EMAILS="xxxx.yyyy@yahoo.com" SUBJECT="MySQL reporting " DISK_DATA_USAGE=/home/aaaa/usaage.txt mysql YYYYYYYY -e " select 100*sum(max_data_length) as disk_usage_pct from xxxxxx;" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asha210
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to format output and email

Hello, I'm a bit stumped, for some reason when using AWK 'print' is not printing the entire date/line. awk '{print "Ticket #: " $1} {print "Queue : " $2} {print "Recieved : " $3} {print "AP Date : " $4} {print "Circuit ID : " $5} {print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArvinSodhi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Date Format And Email Out

Hello All, I have a requirement where i need to get the EXTRACT_DATE from a file and check if the date is of valid format or not and then mail it if it is not valid. Appreciate if you can help me with this. I did the following so far. awk '{for(i=1;i++<=NF;)if($i~/^EXTRACT_DATE/) print $i}'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

EMAIL Format in UNIX

Hi , Need help of Email Format I have TEST .txt file which contains below data /home/a.DAT File Not received /home/a.CTL File Not received /home/b.DAT File Not received /home/b.CTL File Not received i am using below command to send mail mail -s "ERROR: files" $MAIL_LIST <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish1222
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sending Email in Excel Format

Hello, I am trying to send an email with the below attachment in .xls file format by default its opening everything in a single column in the email. How to display the column in a separate column in excel instead everything together. 2017/01/01 a 10 2017/01/01 b 20 2017/01/01 c 40... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Booo
6 Replies
icapnotify(1M)															    icapnotify(1M)

NAME
icapnotify - Test email connectivity to HP for Instant Capacity (iCAP) systems. Request a confirmation response email from HP. Turn config- uration change notification and asset reporting on or off. SYNOPSIS
icapnotify <reply_address> icapnotify -a on|off icapnotify -n on|off Obsolescent: icod_notify <reply_address> icod_notify -a on|off icod_notify -n on|off DESCRIPTION
When a reply_address is specified, sends an asset report via email to HP, root, and the specified email address. Confirmation email is sent from HP to the specified reply email address indicating that HP received the asset report email. Note that asset reporting is optional but can be useful for viewing complexwide asset information at the HP Utility Pricing Solutions por- tal (http://www.hp.com/go/icap/portal). The deprecated command provides identical functionality to the command and is maintained for backward compatibility. For detailed information on email configuration and requirements, see the located at /usr/share/doc/icapUserGuide.pdf. Options The command recognizes these options and arguments: -a on|off Turns email asset reporting on or off. This option is used to specify if the Instant Capacity software should send asset reports to HP via email. The command displays the present setting for this option. -n on|off Turns configuration change notification on or off. If specified on, executing the command results in a configuration change notification email sent to the system contact email address summarizing any configuration change. Configuration change notification email can be turned off by specifying off. Configuration change notifications are not sent if the system contact email address is not set. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables o LANG determines the locale to use for the locale categories when both LC_ALL and the corresponding environment variable (begin- ning with LC_) do not specify a locale. If LANG is not set or is set to the empty string, a default of C is used (see lang(5)). o LC_CTYPE determines the interpretation of single- and multiple-byte characters. o LC_MESSAGES determines the language in which messages are displayed. If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, icapnotify behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to C (see environ(5)). International Code Set Support Single- and multiple-byte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
The command exits with one of these values: 0 Command succeeded. >0 Command failed; error message sent to STDERR. EXAMPLES
Test email connectivity with HP by sending an asset report to HP, root , and super_user@corp.com, and request a confirmation email from HP to be sent to super_user@corp.com: icapnotify super_user@corp.com Turn email asset reporting on: icapnotify -a on Turn email asset reporting off: icapnotify -a off Turn configuration change notification on: icapnotify -n on Turn configuration change notification off: icapnotify -n off AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
icapmodify(1M), icapstatus(1M), icapmanage(1M), icapd(1M), icap(5). icapnotify(1M)