Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX auditing fails with SIGPIPE signal on 1/4 hour Post 302235712 by knag007 on Friday 12th of September 2008 01:27:21 PM
Old 09-12-2008
Did you find the reason?

Hi,

Even I am facing the same problem with one of my program.
The process dies with SIGPIPE at random intervals.

Did you get any resolution to your problem.

please let me know

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hpux C2 Auditing

I am trying to find out if there are any recommendations regarding what events/system calls should be audited as a starting point. I am new to the auditing side of things and am not really to sure what best to log - any ideas or know of any resources which make recommendations in this respect ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

an hour less in 24 hour system

My program: __________________________________ #!/bin/ksh DAY=`date +%y%m%d` H=`date +%H` M=`date +%M` day=`date +%m/%d/%y` let h=$H-1 echo DAY $DAY echo H $H echo M $M echo day $day echo h $h _____________________________________ My result: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auditing

:)I need a little help. I have sent all of our logs to our log server, but I can't send the audit logs that are in /var/log/audit.log. Can someone give me some type of idea to transfer these logs. Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
2 Replies

4. Solaris

"lpr.error] Warning: Received SIGPIPE" continuously appearing in logs

On a Solaris 8 print server we're continuously (every 2 minutes or so) getting these messages in the logs: printd: Warning: Received SIGPIPE; continuing I've applied this patch and restarted the printd daemon, but it doesn't help: #109320-22: SunOS 5.8: lp patch Does anyone have any idea what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
4 Replies

5. Programming

Reliable management of signal SIGPIPE and SIGTERM

I' m note very expert in the reliable manage of signal... but in my server I must manage SIGPIPE for the socket and SIGTERM... I've wrote this but there is something wrong... Can someone explain me with some example the reliable management of signal?? This is what I've wrote in the server ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: italian_boy
2 Replies

6. Programming

Catch signal SIGPIPE print errno but it's value equal to 2

catch signal SIGPIPE ,print errno but it's value equal to 2(ENOENT) #define ENOENT 2 /* No such file or directory */ is it should be EPIPE ? #define EPIPE 32 /* Broken pipe */ Thanks ! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aobai
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why not SIGPIPE for readers of pipe/FIFO?

Hi This is a exercise question from Unix network programming vol2. Why the SIGPIPE signal is generated only for writers when readers disappear. why not it is generated for readers when writer disappears. I guess, if the writer didn't get any response like the reader gets EOF, it will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auditing script

I need a command line that will ls -l a directory and pick (grep?) all files that don't match a desired owner without losing track of the filename at any point. This way I can list later on "here are all the files with an incorrect owner". Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
4 Replies

9. Programming

SIGPIPE and EPIPE

When a write() writes on a broken pipe, with no readers, it generates a SIGPIPE signal and the process exits. When the write() returns -1 and errno is EPIPE? Do I have an handler for SIGPIPE, or can I ignore it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hurricane
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 24 hour time to 12 hour timing?

Hi friends, I want to convert 24 hour timing to 12 hour please help me... my data file looks like this.. 13-Nov-2011 13:27:36 15.32044 72.68502 13-Nov-2011 12:08:31 15.31291 72.69807 16-Nov-2011 01:16:54 15.30844 72.74028 15-Nov-2011 20:09:25 15.35096 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
13 Replies
audit(1M)																 audit(1M)

NAME
audit - control the behavior of the audit daemon SYNOPSIS
audit -n | -s | -t | -v [path] The audit command is the system administrator's interface to maintaining the audit trail. The audit daemon can be notified to read the con- tents of the audit_control(4) file and re-initialize the current audit directory to the first directory listed in the audit_control file or to open a new audit file in the current audit directory specified in the audit_control file, as last read by the audit daemon. Reading audit_control also causes the minfree and plugin configuration lines to be re-read and reset within auditd. The audit daemon can also be signaled to close the audit trail and disable auditing. -n Notify the audit daemon to close the current audit file and open a new audit file in the current audit directory. -s Notify the audit daemon to read the audit control file. The audit daemon stores the information internally. If the audit daemon is not running but audit has been enabled by means of bsmconv(1M), the audit daemon is started. -t Direct the audit daemon to close the current audit trail file, disable auditing, and die. Use -s to restart auditing. -v path Verify the syntax for the audit control file stored in path. The audit command displays an approval message or outputs specific error messages for each error found. The audit command will exit with 0 upon success and a positive integer upon failure. /etc/security/audit_user /etc/security/audit_control See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ bsmconv(1M), praudit(1M), audit(2), audit_control(4), audit_user(4), attributes(5) The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. The audit command does not modify a process's preselection mask. It functions are limited to the following: o affects which audit directories are used for audit data storage; o specifies the minimum free space setting; o resets the parameters supplied by means of the plugin directive. For the -s option, audit validates the audit_control syntax and displays an error message if a syntax error is found. If a syntax error message is displayed, the audit daemon does not re-read audit_control. Because audit_control is processed at boot time, the -v option is provided to allow syntax checking of an edited copy of audit_control. Using -v, audit exits with 0 if the syntax is correct; otherwise, it returns a positive integer. The -v option can be used in any zone, but the -t, -s, and -n options are valid only in local zones and, then, only if the perzone audit policy is set. See auditd(1M) and auditconfig(1M) for per-zone audit configuration. 25 May 2004 audit(1M)