Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to install Redhat 5 on System p-510 Post 302235702 by rbruder on Friday 12th of September 2008 12:47:31 PM
Old 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by minntekmikey
you can not install red hat on power 5 system.Suse Enterprise is the only supported Linux flavor.
Yes you can. I've done it. There is a ppc version of Redhat EL 3, 4 or 5.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading RedHat 7.3 Install

I want to download redhat 7.3 and came to this download mirror: ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/redhat/redhat/redhat-7.3-en/iso/i386/ I was hoping thats the right dir, cuz i already downloaded all the iso's in there, but could someone tell me what the difference between... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stealthdestroyr
7 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to start cluster service in redhat 5

Hi, I am trying to setup redhat native cluster 5, i installed all the required rpms and issued the command service cman start (cman is the cluster manager) this gives me output... #service cman start Starting cluster: Loading modules... done Mounting configfs... done ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshb
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Install Suse from RedHat

Hi, There are two systems: (1) HP server under RedHat Linux with CD drive. (2) Notebook under Windows Vista with DVD drive. Now I want to install Suse Linux on the HP server, but the installation media is a DVD. How can I do it? Thank you much in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Could not install UVFS 2.0.3 on Redhat

Hi all, I am trying to install UVFS 2.0.3 in redhat 5.4 64bit.. This is required by teamsite 6.7.1.. When I run gmake, it gives me error /usr/bin/gcc -g -O3 -Wall -I. -c -o uvfs_signal.o uvfs_signal.cc gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory gmake: * Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makri
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to remove shared memory in Redhat Linux

unable to remove shared memory using ipcrm -m in linux $ ipcs -m ------ Shared Memory Segments -------- key shmid owner perms bytes nattch status 0x00000000 32768 root 644 80 2 0x00000000 65537 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to install datastage server on Redhat Linux

Hi, i have tried to install datastage server on redhat Linux operating system. But i unable to install the datastage sevrer. here are the details of the system. 1. Lynix installed using vmwear. vmwear Version :7.0.1 build-227600 2. lynix version information. uname -a ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to authenticate using NAGIOS on redhat

Hi, I have installed Nagios on Redhat 5 using rpms, it was successully installed and I have started the nagios and httpd service. While login on browser, using nagios userid and password, I am unable to login I have installed nagios and nagios-plugin rpms both. I have used the command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

8. Programming

Unable to run java in redhat os

I am unable to run java from jdk. it says "cannot execute binary file" I downloaded the jdk again freshly but the problem still persists. All files have execution permission. Both OS and JDK are 64bit. Please help me out. $ pwd /home/XXXXX/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/jdk1.5.0_14/bin $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetsriharsha
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Wireshark how to install on redhat?

Hello every body, i am kind of new here and i have a few quesions: 1.on my Redhat OS where are all of the RPM located? where is Wireshark located? 2. does any body has a link to downloading Wireshark for linux Redhat 2.6? 3.I didnt find instructions how to install it on redhat, jow to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install ksh on redhat os?

Hi i have installed redhat os recently in my Pc. so i have window 7 on c: drive and redhat on d: drive. I need to learn unix ksh. Can anyone help me how to install ksh on redhat .i dont have ksh , can you tell me how to download ksh and how to install . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies
ppmdither(1)						      General Commands Manual						      ppmdither(1)

NAME
ppmdither - ordered dither for color images SYNOPSIS
ppmdither [-dim power] [-red shades] [-green shades] [-blue shades] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input, and applies dithering to it to reduce the number of colors used down to the specified number of shades for each primary. The default number of shades is red=5, green=9, blue=5, for a total of 225 colors. To convert the image to a binary rgb format suitable for color printers, use -red 2 -green 2 -blue 2. OPTIONS
-dim power The size of the dithering matrix. The dithering matrix is a square whose dimension is a power of 2. power is that power of 2. The default is 4, for a 16 by 16 matrix. -red shades The number of red shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. -green shades The number of green shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. -blue shades The number of blue shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. SEE ALSO
pnmdepth(1), ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Christos Zoulas. 14 July 1991 ppmdither(1)