Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: net connection
Operating Systems Linux SuSE net connection Post 302235569 by rukshankb on Friday 12th of September 2008 07:45:49 AM
Old 09-12-2008
tell us, are you using a router or modem. Tell about your internet connection.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

regarding net

how we can find whether net is connected or diconnected. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSLeay or Net::FTPSSL

Hello, I ran into an issue in one of my monitoring scripts. If I use the public ip address in my connection string everything works, but if I switch the connection string ip to 127.0.0.1 or the internal ip I get, " Connection refused at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Styles
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies
FAXSTATE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FAXSTATE(8)

NAME
faxstate - control ``modem state'' of a device used by HylaFAX SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxstate [ -q queue-dir ] [ -s state ] [ -n ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxstate sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8) process servicing modem telling it to use the specified state when notifying the HylaFAX scheduler that a modem is ready and available for use. This is useful for controlling outbound use of a modem; by marking a modem's state as busy or down the HylaFAX scheduler will not assign any outbound jobs to the modem. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. If the -n option, faxstate emulates what faxgetty would do; sending a message directly to the faxq process marking the specified modem down, busy, or ready. This interface is useful for send-only environments in which faxgetty processes are not used. Note that modems manipulated in this way must previously have been configured with the faxmodem(8) program. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n Contact faxq directly instead of faxgetty. -q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/hylafax. -s Specify the state to send the faxq process each time the modem becomes ready for use; one of ``busy'', ``down'', and ``ready''. The default state to use is ready. FILES
Consult hylafax-server(5) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5), faxgetty(8) July 17, 1995 FAXSTATE(8)