Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help with script Post 302235450 by hanyou.lin on Friday 12th of September 2008 02:22:37 AM
Old 09-12-2008
Need help with script

Hi guys. i have this 2 seperate script. Is there any way i can put them together in a single script?

the code return from this sql query is:
count
-------
(1 row)

Code:
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "psql -c 'SELECT count(*) FROM pdata WHERE updata=0 LIMIT 10' -d " >x

Code:
op=`awk 'NR==3{print}' x`
if [ "$op" -gt 0 ]; then
  echo "Data is Awaiting Upload!"
  exit 0
fi
echo "Data Is Running Smoothly!"

Appreciate any help given..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
MYSQL_QUERY(3)								 1							    MYSQL_QUERY(3)

mysql_query - Send a MySQL query

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_query(3) o PDO::query mixed mysql_query (string $query, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_query(3) sends a unique query (multiple queries are not supported) to the currently active database on the server that's associated with the specified $link_identifier. o $query - An SQL query The query string should not end with a semicolon. Data inside the query should be properly escaped. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. For SELECT, SHOW, DESCRIBE, EXPLAIN and other statements returning resultset, mysql_query(3) returns a resource on success, or FALSE on error. For other type of SQL statements, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP, etc, mysql_query(3) returns TRUE on success or FALSE on error. The returned result resource should be passed to mysql_fetch_array(3), and other functions for dealing with result tables, to access the returned data. Use mysql_num_rows(3) to find out how many rows were returned for a SELECT statement or mysql_affected_rows(3) to find out how many rows were affected by a DELETE, INSERT, REPLACE, or UPDATE statement. mysql_query(3) will also fail and return FALSE if the user does not have permission to access the table(s) referenced by the query. Example #1 Invalid Query The following query is syntactically invalid, so mysql_query(3) fails and returns FALSE. <?php $result = mysql_query('SELECT * WHERE 1=1'); if (!$result) { die('Invalid query: ' . mysql_error()); } ?> Example #2 Valid Query The following query is valid, so mysql_query(3) returns a resource. <?php // This could be supplied by a user, for example $firstname = 'fred'; $lastname = 'fox'; // Formulate Query // This is the best way to perform an SQL query // For more examples, see mysql_real_escape_string() $query = sprintf("SELECT firstname, lastname, address, age FROM friends WHERE firstname='%s' AND lastname='%s'", mysql_real_escape_string($firstname), mysql_real_escape_string($lastname)); // Perform Query $result = mysql_query($query); // Check result // This shows the actual query sent to MySQL, and the error. Useful for debugging. if (!$result) { $message = 'Invalid query: ' . mysql_error() . " "; $message .= 'Whole query: ' . $query; die($message); } // Use result // Attempting to print $result won't allow access to information in the resource // One of the mysql result functions must be used // See also mysql_result(), mysql_fetch_array(), mysql_fetch_row(), etc. while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo $row['firstname']; echo $row['lastname']; echo $row['address']; echo $row['age']; } // Free the resources associated with the result set // This is done automatically at the end of the script mysql_free_result($result); ?> mysql_connect(3), mysql_error(3), mysql_real_escape_string(3), mysql_result(3), mysql_fetch_assoc(3), mysql_unbuffered_query(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_QUERY(3)