Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris backup,restore and ufs snapshot Post 302235206 by alamin on Thursday 11th of September 2008 10:48:57 AM
Old 09-11-2008
backup,restore and ufs snapshot

dear all,
i want to perform back up,restore and snapshot activities in the hard disk using solaries 10.
how can i do this, can any body provide me step by step precedure for that.

waiting for reply.
al amin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Backup and restore

I have several H80 machines, all with AIX 4.3.3. On these machines I have mksysb running for rootvg backups and savevg for non-rootvg backups. I'm trying to get a list of files on the tapes, but I can't seem to do it with tar for the mksysb images. I keep getting the directory checksum errors?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uXion
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

F-Backup restore

Hello! i have a blank harddrive and a complete tape backup of the workstation. the backup is made with F-Backup. Now my question is: how can i restore my workstation? thanks for every idea! paul tittel hup-si (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paultittel
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rotating snapshot backup using rsync

I want to take daily backup(11pm) of /var/www to /mnt/bak excluding /var/www/videos and /var/www/old. HOW to implement a rotating snapshot method, so that i can have multiple(say 4) automatically rotating backups. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Emergency - restore a deleted zfs snapshot

Hi, I deleted a zfs snapshot because it was as big as the original zfs. After the snapshot was removed, all the data in the original zfs is gone. How this happened? Can I restore the snapshot? Please help. Thanks a lot! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

5. AIX

Backup and restore

Hi experts, i got a question. i have a production server with two Volume Group(VG) which are rootvg and datavg. Both of these VGs are 256 PP SIZE. On Disaster Recovery Server (DR server) contains two empty hardisks for restoring rootvg and datavg from production server. This two hardisks are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Backup / Restore

Hi, I need to back up a RH file system (96G). The files are oracle .dbf format some of which are 5G in size. I know that tar has got a size restriction of 2G so I cannot use this. Can anyone recommend an alternative way of backuping up this FS? I have been looking at dump but this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
6 Replies

7. Solaris

restore dump from veritas format using ufs file system

hi all i have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

8. Solaris

how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. backup was taken... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
0 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Snapshot backup

Hi all: I'm trying to do the following: 1) Each monday (for every week or bi-weekly) I'll perform a full backup of my 2 Tb RAID 1 system to an external eSATA 2 Tb HDD. I'll move this HDD to a different physical place (my home i.e). 2) Each day after monday until the next backup, I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvgarci
3 Replies
di_devlink_init(3DEVINFO)			       Device Information Library Functions				 di_devlink_init(3DEVINFO)

NAME
di_devlink_init, di_devlink_fini - create and destroy a snapshot of devlinks SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldevinfo [ library... ] #include <libdevinfo.h> di_devlink_handle_t di_devlink_init(const char *name, uint_t flags); int di_devlink_fini(di_devlink_handle_t *hdlp); PARAMETERS
flags The following values are supported: DI_MAKE_LINK Synchronize with devlink management before taking the snapshot. The name argument determines which devlink manage- ment activities must complete before taking a devlink snapshot. Appropriate privileges are required to use this flag. name If flags is DI_MAKE_LINK, name determines which devlink management activity must complete prior to snapshot. o If name is NULL then all devlink management activities must complete. The devlink snapshot returned accurately reflects the entire kernel device tree. o If name is a driver name, devlink management activities associated with nodes bound to that driver must complete. o If name is a path to a node in the kernel device tree (no "/devices" prefix), devlink management activities below node must complete. o If name is a path to a minor node in the kernel device tree (no "/devices"prefix), devlink management activities on that minor node must complete. hdlp The handle to the snapshot obtained by calling di_devlink_init(). DESCRIPTION
System management applications often need to map a "/devices" path to a minor node to a public "/dev" device name. The di_devlink_*() func- tions provide an efficient way to accomplish this. The di_devlink_init() function takes a snapshot of devlinks and returns a handle to this snapshot. The di_devlink_fini() function destroys the devlink snapshot and frees the associated memory. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, di_devlink_init() returns a handle to a devlink snapshot. Otherwise, DI_LINK_NIL is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. Upon successful completion, di_devlink_fini() returns 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The di_devlink_init() function will fail if: EINVAL One or more arguments is invalid. The di_devlink_init() function with DI_MAKE_LINK can also fail if: EPERM The user does no have appropriate privileges. The di_devlink_init() function can set errno to any error value that can also be set by malloc(3C), open(2), ioctl(2), or mmap(2). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), mmap(2), open(2), di_devlink_path(3DEVINFO), di_devlink_walk(3DEVINFO), libdevinfo(3LIB), malloc(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 21 Jul 2008 di_devlink_init(3DEVINFO)