Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris is like BSD or Not ?
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris is like BSD or Not ? Post 302234526 by pupp on Tuesday 9th of September 2008 09:37:10 PM
Old 09-09-2008
ooo yes... interviews. stupid questions like that will make or break the interview. so annoying. i wish people would stop asking stupid stuff like that and ask something useful or meaningful in interviews. say "how do you set a bge interface to 100fdx?"

i'm in jersey as well. hopefully its not with anyone i know!!! good luck !!!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux + bsd + solaris

I prepare to install linux distros , freebsd and solaris(totally 6 OS) in a 40G harddisk, but I fail to do it, so I would like to ask some question here. Can different distros share the same linux swap?or each distros need to have their own? I made 6 partitions(5 x 7G , 1 x 4G) and 256M(I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcheng
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris , *BSD

Are Solaris's commands the same with *BSD's commands ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sasuke
1 Replies

3. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

4. Programming

porting solaris to BSD

Hi i have a C program that i need to port from solaris to BSD The flags i pass on CC in solaris are -lsocket -lnsl I use sockets and threads anyone know flags for BSD (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yngwie
1 Replies

5. BSD

Jumping from Solaris to BSD?

Hi all, I currently run an OpenSolaris (b134) server at home for share media between a few computers (all Macs at the moment). I use ZFS to mirror a couple of disks and have a couple of SMF manifests. My background is as a user of OS X and as a user of (Open)Solaris with formal training in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forquare
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 dual boot with BSD on virtualbox

Hi there, I am new to this operating system, so would like to ask for directions on how to go about doing Solaris 10 dual boot with freeBSD on a virtual machine (virtualbox). Do you have to partition the disk to allow for another OS to occupy? Like in windows? I tried doing this but failed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: czy
6 Replies
woof(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   woof(1)

NAME
woof - A small, simple, stupid webserver to share files SYNOPSIS
woof [options] file DESCRIPTION
woof is a tool to copy files between hosts. It can serve a specified file on HTTP,just for a given number of times, and then shutdown. It can be easily used to share files across the computers on a net, and given that the other ends should have just a browser, it can share stuff between different operating system, or different devices (e.g.: a smartphone). It can also show a simple html form in order to upload a file. commands. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h Show summary of options. -i <ip_addr> IP address to share the file -p <port> Port to be used to share the file -c <count> Number of times to share the file -z <dir> Used on a directory, it creates a tarball with gzip compression -j <dir> Used on a directory, it creates a tarball with bzip2 compression -Z <dir> Used on a directory, it creates a tarball with ZIP compression -u <dir> Used on a directory, it creates a tarball with no compression -s Used to distribute woof itself -U woof provides an upload form and allows uploading files AUTHOR
woof was written by Simon Budig <simon@budig.de> This manual page was written by Andrea Colangelo <warp10@ubuntu.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Last Modified: September 12, 2010 woof(1)