Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 on Enterprise 3500 Post 302234123 by vatch23 on Tuesday 9th of September 2008 06:43:17 AM
Old 09-09-2008
Yes I had set-defaults, this chip that is malfunctioning , do you know how to fix it or do you know if it is serious? You said something about Veritas?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 crash on Enterprise 3500

Hi Should anyone be able to help, one of my colleagues was doing a truss this morning and I am not sure if it has offset the system crash, but we have had these type of errors coming up???? # ls ls: Cannot read /usr/lib/ld.so.1 Killed # ps -ef ps: Cannot read /usr/lib/ld.so.1 Killed #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NAV4869
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enterprise 450 Solaris 9 Problems

I am just getting started loading an Enterprise 450 Dell with Solaris 9 however I cannot get out of a loop that is not letting me get started. My basic question is what are the key strokes to get you out of a boot sequence so that you can at least clear the hard drive or start an install ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe7778
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Booting problem on Sun 3500

Hi, I have a Sun 3500 server on which i installed solaris 8 and have also installed veritas 4.0 on it. i dont know why from the time i have built this server whenever i try to boot it, the server doesnot come back smooth.... i have got to connect a laptop to the serial port of the server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishila
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 250

Hi experts, I have bought a used SUN Enterprise 250 server that currently runs solaris 8. Ive downloaded solaris 10 (sparc edition) from sun.com, and have burned the iso files to cd roms. So far so good. I can log into the system via the serial interface (port A). I want to sweep the discs,... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: congo
21 Replies

5. Solaris

Install solaris 2.6 on Enterprise 420R

I am needing to install solaris 2.6 on a Enterprise 420R with 4X450mHz. Documentation says you need Operating Enviroment Installation CD February 2000(704-7076-10). Does anyone know where I can get this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenyart
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

More then 3500 sockets in FIN_WAIT1

Hello, My config: SLES 10 sp1 Apache / drupal / mysql I have a saturation of TCP ports on this hosts. Hosting about 60 websites. The event tonight was ~200 hits minutes. With "netstat-n" I see ~5500 connections. Including approximately 3800 in FIN_WAIT1. As a first step I would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilech
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 4500 install problem

Good day, I am dummie on solaris and trying learning about Solaris, so no much experience, this is my problem, I got enterprise 4500 SUN Sparc hardware, has 2 internal SCSI HD, when I try to install Solaris 10 says that "no disk found" at middle of installation, I already change the HD and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgargarcia_y2k
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Booting problem on Sun 3500

Booting problem on Sun 3500 Hi, I have a Sun 3500 server on which i installed solaris 5.2 installed . i dont know why from the time i have built this server whenever i try to boot it, the server doesnot come back smooth.i got a message Sync file system than restart some times showing ok... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: najeer
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Need help -- netra 5 Solaris enterprise 2

I need help to resurrect very old netra machines. two of them are netra enterprise 2 and they do not boot with the message Cant open boot device The IDPROM contents are invalid Boot device: net File and args the host is not connected to any LAN I brought up another Netra 5 connected to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk2153
3 Replies
vxse(1M)																  vxse(1M)

NAME
vxse - Storage Expert rules SYNOPSIS
/opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm/vxse_rule [-g diskgroup] [-d defaults_file] [-v] check /opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm/vxse_rule [-g diskgroup] [-d defaults_file] [-v] info /opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm/vxse_rule [-g diskgroup] [-d defaults_file] [-v] list /opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm/vxse_rule [-g diskgroup] [-d defaults_file] [-v] run [attribute=value...] DESCRIPTION
Storage Expert consists of a set of simple commands that collects VxVM configuration data and compares it with "best practice." Storage Expert then produces a summary report that shows which objects do not meet these criteria and makes recommendations for VxVM configuration improvements. These user-configurable tools help you as an administrator to verify and validate systems and non-optimal configurations in both small and large VxVM installations. Storage Expert components include a set of rule scripts and a rules engine. The rules engine runs the scripts and produces ASCII output, which is organized and archived by Storage Expert's report generator. This output contains information about areas of VxVM configuration that do not meet the set criteria. By default, output is sent to the screen, but you can redirect it to a file using standard UNIX redi- rection. KEYWORDS
check Lists the default values used by a rule's attributes. info Describes what a rule does. list Lists the attributes of a rule that can be set. run Runs a rule. If one or more attribute-value pairs are specified, these override the values set in the defaults file. OPTIONS
-d defaults_file Specifies an alternate default attribute-values file to the standard file, /etc/default/vxse. -g diskgroup Specifies the disk group to be examined instead of the default disk group (see vxdg(1M)). -v Specifies verbose output format. EXAMPLES
Note: The executable rule files are located in the directory, /opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm. These examples assume that this directory has been added to the PATH variable. Discover what the vxse_stripes2 rule does: vxse_stripes2 info Display the attributes that are available for the vxse_drl1 rule: vxse_drl1 list Display the default values of the attributes for the vxse_stripes2 rule: vxse_stripes2 check Run the vxse_volplex rule on the mydg disk group: vxse_volplex -g mydg run Run the vxse_drl2 rule on the mydg disk group with the value of the large_mirror_size attribute set to 30MB: vxse_drl2 -g mydg run large_mirror_size=30m Run the vxse_srl2 rule using the default attribute values that are set in the file mydefaultsfile: vxse_drl2 -d mydefaultsfile -g mydg run FILES
/etc/default/vxse Standard attribute values file for vxse rules. /opt/VRTS/vxse/vxvm Directory containing executable rules. NOTES
See the "Using Veritas Storage Expert" chapter in the Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide for a description of the rules and their attributes. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M), vxintro(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxse(1M)