Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 on Enterprise 3500 Post 302233871 by vatch23 on Monday 8th of September 2008 05:13:11 PM
Old 09-08-2008
Obvious thelast part didnt get copied, so here it is :

module /platform/sun4u/kernel/cpu/sparcv9/SUNW,UltraSPARC-II: text at [0x11cd7c0
, 0x11d982f] data at 0x18a0880
SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic 64-bit
Copyright 1983-2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Ethernet address = 8:0:20:a1:30:ce
Using default device instance data
/

and here the machine stops again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 crash on Enterprise 3500

Hi Should anyone be able to help, one of my colleagues was doing a truss this morning and I am not sure if it has offset the system crash, but we have had these type of errors coming up???? # ls ls: Cannot read /usr/lib/ld.so.1 Killed # ps -ef ps: Cannot read /usr/lib/ld.so.1 Killed #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NAV4869
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enterprise 450 Solaris 9 Problems

I am just getting started loading an Enterprise 450 Dell with Solaris 9 however I cannot get out of a loop that is not letting me get started. My basic question is what are the key strokes to get you out of a boot sequence so that you can at least clear the hard drive or start an install ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe7778
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Booting problem on Sun 3500

Hi, I have a Sun 3500 server on which i installed solaris 8 and have also installed veritas 4.0 on it. i dont know why from the time i have built this server whenever i try to boot it, the server doesnot come back smooth.... i have got to connect a laptop to the serial port of the server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishila
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 250

Hi experts, I have bought a used SUN Enterprise 250 server that currently runs solaris 8. Ive downloaded solaris 10 (sparc edition) from sun.com, and have burned the iso files to cd roms. So far so good. I can log into the system via the serial interface (port A). I want to sweep the discs,... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: congo
21 Replies

5. Solaris

Install solaris 2.6 on Enterprise 420R

I am needing to install solaris 2.6 on a Enterprise 420R with 4X450mHz. Documentation says you need Operating Enviroment Installation CD February 2000(704-7076-10). Does anyone know where I can get this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenyart
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

More then 3500 sockets in FIN_WAIT1

Hello, My config: SLES 10 sp1 Apache / drupal / mysql I have a saturation of TCP ports on this hosts. Hosting about 60 websites. The event tonight was ~200 hits minutes. With "netstat-n" I see ~5500 connections. Including approximately 3800 in FIN_WAIT1. As a first step I would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilech
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 4500 install problem

Good day, I am dummie on solaris and trying learning about Solaris, so no much experience, this is my problem, I got enterprise 4500 SUN Sparc hardware, has 2 internal SCSI HD, when I try to install Solaris 10 says that "no disk found" at middle of installation, I already change the HD and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgargarcia_y2k
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Booting problem on Sun 3500

Booting problem on Sun 3500 Hi, I have a Sun 3500 server on which i installed solaris 5.2 installed . i dont know why from the time i have built this server whenever i try to boot it, the server doesnot come back smooth.i got a message Sync file system than restart some times showing ok... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: najeer
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Need help -- netra 5 Solaris enterprise 2

I need help to resurrect very old netra machines. two of them are netra enterprise 2 and they do not boot with the message Cant open boot device The IDPROM contents are invalid Boot device: net File and args the host is not connected to any LAN I brought up another Netra 5 connected to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk2153
3 Replies
HME(4)                                                     BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                     HME(4)

NAME
hme -- Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ Ethernet interfaces device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device hme Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_hme_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The hme driver supports Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ ``Happy Meal Ethernet'' Fast Ethernet interfaces. All controllers supported by the hme driver have TCP checksum offload capability for both receive and transmit, support for the reception and transmission of extended frames for vlan(4) and a 128-bit multicast hash filter. HARDWARE
The hme driver supports the on-board Ethernet interfaces of many Sun UltraSPARC workstation and server models. Cards supported by the hme driver include: o Sun PCI SunSwift Adapter (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus SunSwift Adapter (``hme'' and ``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Sun100BaseT Adapter 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus Sun100BaseT 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') o Sun SBus Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') NOTES
On sparc64 the hme driver respects the local-mac-address? system configuration variable which can be set in the Open Firmware boot monitor using the setenv command or by eeprom(8). If set to ``false'' (the default), the hme driver will use the system's default MAC address for all of its devices. If set to ``true'', the unique MAC address of each interface is used if present rather than the system's default MAC address. Supported interfaces having their own MAC address include on-board versions on boards equipped with more than one Ethernet interface and all add-on cards except the single-port SBus versions. SEE ALSO
altq(4), intro(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), vlan(4), eeprom(8), ifconfig(8) Sun Microelectronics, STP2002QFP Fast Ethernet, Parallel Port, SCSI (FEPS) User's Guide, April 1996, http://mediacast.sun.com/users/Barton808/media/STP2002QFP-FEPs_UG.pdf. HISTORY
The hme driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. The first FreeBSD version to include it was FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The hme driver was written by Paul Kranenburg <pk@NetBSD.org>. BSD June 14, 2009 BSD