Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Incrementing the date stored in the variable Post 302233582 by rameezrajas on Monday 8th of September 2008 05:02:01 AM
Old 09-08-2008
Incrementing the date stored in the variable

Hi all,

I have a variable with date as 20080831 . Now I want to increment it as 20080901 and so on.Is there any command for this. Please help me.

thanks
rameez

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with incrementing date in while loop.

I need to execute a KornShell (SunOS 5.9) script against a range of dates: endDate=20080804 extractDate=20080401 while ; do batch < scripts/myshellscript.sh $extractDate ## add 1 day to extractDate ## done My question is how do I increment the extractDate variable and still have it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Robert W.Mills
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing a variable is not happening

Hi All, Iam trying to increment a variable Following is the code #!/usr/bin/ksh i=1; i='expr $i+1'; echo $i; Output: expr $i+1 not able to understand why its happening in that way i was expecting result as 2... if the above method is worng .. can you help how i can get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in incrementing the variable

When I did, echo $SHELL in cmd prompt of putty, its displaying /bin/sh And in my shell script., I hav started with., #!/bin/sh and i=1; while ; do . . . i=$; (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incrementing Variable Names

Hi, I am using BASH. I have encountered a situation where the following is necessary (but I am not sure how to do it): #Define multiple arrays, whose names only differ by a number: ARRAY_1=(1 2 3) ARRAY_2=(4 5 6) ARRAY_3=(7 8 9) #Define ARRAY_AMOUNT, the number of arrays. In this case... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incrementing variable in for

Hi, want to increment a variable in a for loop like this: for (( c=$total-1; c>=0; c-- )) do if ; then maximo=$valores fi done But it gives the error: No such file or directory How can i do this only incrementing the c variable? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: limadario
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not found error for a variable which is returned from stored procedure

can anyone please help me with this: i have written a shell script and a stored procedure which has one OUT parameter. now i want to use that out parameter as an input to the unix script but i am getting an error as variable not found. below are the unix scripts and stored procedure... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap21783
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

incrementing the variable name along with the data?

Hello folks. I am trying to increment my variable names to match a counter that is to be used later on... Basically, i have a for loop that lists directories (for example TEST_OS DVP_OS PROD_OS ) but this loop is not static, it may contain 3 directory once and the next run 5 directories. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with incrementing the date

I have a date variable like 2012-12-31 ( YYYY -MM -DD ) in flat file and it has to be incremtented by 1 every time i run the script Example : i tried the below script after data modifcation but this does not seem to work expr `20121231 +%Y%m%d` + 1 Note : Mine is not a GNU... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay01987
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a date stored in a variable to epoch date

I am not able to pass date stored in a variable as an argument to date command. I get current date value for from_date and to_date #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x for s in server ; do ssh -T $s <<-EOF from_date="12-Jan-2015 12:02:09" to_date="24-Jan-2015 13:02:09" echo \$from_date echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj48
7 Replies
widget_calendar(n)					    widget::calendar Megawidget 					widget_calendar(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
widget_calendar - widget::calendar Megawidget SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require Tk 8.4 package require widget ?3.0? widget::calendar pathname ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a calendar megawidget (snidget). widget::calendar pathname ?options? WIDGET OPTIONS
-command A script to evaluate when a date was selected. -dateformat The format of the date that is returned. Default: %m/%d/%Y. -firstday Set first day the week, Either sunday or monday. It defaults to monday. -font Select the font used in the widget. It defaults to Helvetica 9. -highlightcolor Selects the background color for the day that has been selected. Default: #FFCC00 -language Specify language of the calendar contents. The language is specified by abbreviations of the languge, for example: en - english, de - german ... It defaults to en. Supported languages: en, de, fr, it, es, pt, ru, sv, zh, fi -shadecolor Selects the color of the parts that have a shaded background. Default: #888888 -showpast Specify if the past shall be shown. It is a boolean value and defaults to 1. -textvariable Specifies the name of a variable whose value is linked to the entry widget's contents. Whenever the variable changes value, the widget's contents are updated, and vice versa. WIDGET COMMAND
pathname get ?what? Returns a part of the selected date or 'all'. The argument what selects the part. Valid values for what are: day, month, year and all. 'all' is the default and returns the complete date in the format given with -dateformat. DEFAULT BINDINGS
On creation of the calendar widget the following bindings are installed. o Up - Move to week before current date o Down - Move to week after current date o Left - Move to day before current date o Right - Move to day after current date o Control-Left - Move to month before current date o Control-Right - Move to month after current date o Control-Up - Move to year before current date o Control-Down - Move to year after current date EXAMPLE
package require widget::calendar ; # or widget::all set t [widget::calendar .t] pack $t -fill x -expand 1 KEYWORDS
megawidget, snit, widget widget 0.93 widget_calendar(n)