Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tough Substituion command
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tough Substituion command Post 302233489 by ggggdddd on Sunday 7th of September 2008 10:46:30 PM
Old 09-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDan
Not clear why there's a colon at the start; is this vim? Here's how to do it in vim:
Code:
:%s/Mg\([24]\).\(q[np]s[b]?\) W=0\.175u/Mg\1.\2 W=wmg\1\2/g

Thanks!
I am using Vi.
I tried using the command but it did not execute. (Even tried in vim)
I tried searching for
/Mg\([24]\).\(q[np][as]\)

and it could find all the lines.

But when I search for

/Mg\([24]\).\(q[np][as][b]?\) It cannot find anything. How can I make the presence of that last charachter b optional in the substitution command?

One more question: How do I substitute in case I have some charachters in between Mg...... and W=175u like below. These in between charachters should not be disturbed.

Mg2.qns A B C L=123u W=0.175u
Mg2.qpsb DE 12 c1 L=123u W=0.175u
Mg4.qns M N O W=0.175u
Mg4.qpsb W=0.175u

Last edited by ggggdddd; 09-08-2008 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: More details added

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Env Variable substituion in Sed (-s option)

Folks, I've been trying to use the ENV variable with slashes(/) in its value inside the sed substitution.. Sed 's/myval/'$MYVAL'/' file1 >> file.tmp If MYVAL=<sometext>, it works. if MYVAL=/home/venkat, it doesnt. *************************** bash-2.05$ export VAL=/home/venkat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvsreddy_539
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Arrays and Substituion

@xray =~ s/^ *//g; @xray =~ s/ *$//g; @xray =~ s/\s+/ /g; Guess I have a two part question ... First Is there a way to make substitutions, remove leading spaces, trailing spaces, and crunch multiple spaces into a single space, to the entire array, or must the substitutions be done on on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

3. Solaris

bad substituion error

Dear All i am getting "bad substituion" error in the follwing piece of code when i run from crontab.however it works if i run directly from my machine. #!/bin/bash for i in `cat abc` do part1=${i:0:12} ; part2=${i:13:27} ; echo "$part1,$part2">> def done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asadlone
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tough parsing

I have a string as "Period= 20090531 Client Name= Clayton Lumbar Company Destination= MD" I want to parse the string and store it in 3 different variables. $period (should get value 20090531) $client (should get value "Clayton Lumbar company") $dest (should get value MD) How can I do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruthiveeran
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tough Oracle Logic in Ux

How Can this logic be implemented in Unix SELECT B.SERVICE_TYPE || '|' || B.TOTAL_TYPE || '|' || B.CALL_INDICATOR || '|' || B.A_NUMBER || '|' || B.APN || '|' || B.DAY || '|' || B.HOUR ||... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A very tough exercise

hello everyone!:) I have an exercise which I think is difficult for beginner like me. Here is the exercise Create a shell script, which takes a directory as command line argument. Script displays ten first lines from every text file in that directory. After displaying the lines from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: googlevn
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable in awk substituion

I have a file with 20 blank spaces. I want to substitute each blank space for a string, and part of that string should include an incremental number Code while read line3 do awk -v var=${line3} '{i=var; sub("^]*$", "\\&\n@target G0.S"'$i'"\n@type xy"); print $0}'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bad substituion error : Dont understand why

Hi Folks - I'm getting the following error message when executing my script: $ chmod +x Winexe_Admin.sh $ ./Winexe_Admin.sh Script Name: Winexe_Admin.sh Script Name without EXT: Winexe_Admin ./Winexe_Admin.sh: line 43: ${_MAINPATH}${_LOGPATH}${LOGPATH$}${_YEAR}_${_MONTH}${_DAY}: bad... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
2 Replies
PERLPRIMER(1)						      General Commands Manual						     PERLPRIMER(1)

NAME
perlprimer - graphically specify amplicon of DNA or mRNA sequences and design primers SYNOPSIS
perlprimer DESCRIPTION
PerlPrimer calculates primer melting temperature using J. SantaLucia's extensive nearest-neighbour thermodynamic parameters. To adjust for the salt conditions of the PCR, PerlPrimer uses the empirical formula derived by von Ahsen, et al. (2001) and allows the user to specify the concentration of Mg2+, dNTPs and primers, or use standard PCR conditions. The result is a highly accurate prediction of primer melting temperature, giving rise to a maximum yeild of product when amplified. PerlPrimer is written in Perl and requires Perl/Tk. In addition, for QPCR functionality PerlPrimer requires the open-source Spidey executable from NCBI. The program is designed to be cross-platform com- patible and has been developed and tested on both Microsoft Windows and GNU/Linux-based operating systems. Users have also reported success using the program under Mac OS X. SEE ALSO
A very nice tutorial on http://perlprimer.sourceforge.net is also distributed as a debian package perlprimer-doc. AUTHOR
perlprimer was written by Owen Marshall <owenjm@users.sourceforge.net> This manual page was assembled by Steffen Moeller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 6 January 2005 PERLPRIMER(1)