Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: It's a puzzle
Operating Systems Linux It's a puzzle Post 302233426 by Swathe on Sunday 7th of September 2008 03:56:15 PM
Old 09-07-2008
I know I would not be trying amanda again at this point. Try a different controller card perhaps?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias escape puzzle

Here is "escape puzzle" from real life task: Conditions: We need to create an alias which will Save current directory path Will ssh to particular server Then will cd to saved path (it's mounted via NFS) Then will find all files with name patter as "All*.bld" and run particular editor... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BaruchLi
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Puzzle about sctp_bindx in UNP

It writes in Section 9.3 in Unix Network programming about SCTP: "The sctp_bindx call can be used on a bound or unbound socket." And then it writes: "The port number in all the socket address structures must be the same and must match any port number that is already bound; if it doesn't, then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomdean001
0 Replies

3. Programming

The puzzle for malloc some spaces for a key

Hi, all, I am writing a BST (Binary Search Tree). What I am concerned about is typedef struct BST{ struct BST *p_left; struct BST *p_right; void *p_data; char *p_key; unsigned int *length; }BST; I have to malloc some space for p_key. How many of chars... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mythmgn
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Chroot jail environment puzzle

I have a simple sandbox program which runs a command as user "nobody" in a chroot jail. It sets resource limits with setrlimit, changes the user id with setuid, changes the root dir with chroot, and then calls exec to execute the command given as command line parameters. It is of course a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: john.english
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A puzzle with a printing function executing in background

Somebody on a thread in the (french) Mandriva Forum recently suggested a script, designed to provide a tool to display kind of "temporisation widgets" on the console (to be ultimately pasted in other more complex scripts). One version of this script was something like the following, which seems... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klease
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Swap puzzle

I'm getting confused by swap # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap 256,2 16 16777200 16777200 /dev/zvol/dsk/swappool/swap2 256,1 16 50331632 50331632 # swap -s total: 6710256k bytes allocated + 3402944k reserved = 10113200k used,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redstone
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another sed Syntax Puzzle . . .

Greetings! Have a quick question for the community today; this time looking at a nifty little sed puzzle ;) Consider the following file content to be worked through:What needs to happen is theblock should be removed up to and including the following blank line, leavingI have bits and pieces... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
8 Replies
VPDDECODE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      VPDDECODE(8)

NAME
vpddecode - VPD structure decoder SYNOPSIS
vpddecode [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
vpddecode prints the "vital product data" information that can be found in almost all IBM and Lenovo computers. Available items are: o BIOS Build ID o Box Serial Number o Motherboard Serial Number o Machine Type/Model Some systems have these additional items: o BIOS Release Date o Default Flash Image File Name Note that these additional items are not documented by IBM, so this is guess work, and as such should not be blindly trusted. Feedback about the accuracy of these labels is welcome. OPTIONS
-d, --dev-mem FILE Read memory from device FILE (default: /dev/mem) -s, --string KEYWORD Only display the value of the VPD string identified by KEYWORD. KEYWORD must be a keyword from the following list: bios-build-id, box-serial-number, motherboard-serial-number, machine-type-model, bios-release-date. Each keyword corresponds to an offset and a length within the VPD record. Not all strings may be defined on all VPD-enabled systems. If KEYWORD is not provided or not valid, a list of all valid keywords is printed and vpddecode exits with an error. This option cannot be used more than once. Mutually exclusive with --dump. -u, --dump Do not decode the VPD records, dump their contents as hexadecimal instead. Note that this is still a text output, no binary data will be thrown upon you. ASCII equivalent is displayed when possible. This option is mainly useful for debugging. Mutually exclu- sive with --string. -h, --help Display usage information and exit -V, --version Display the version and exit FILES
/dev/mem AUTHOR
Jean Delvare SEE ALSO
biosdecode(8), dmidecode(8), mem(4), ownership(8) dmidecode February 2007 VPDDECODE(8)