Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting writing script in UNIX for copying files in two server Post 302233401 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 7th of September 2008 01:05:16 PM
Old 09-07-2008
it's not other then in other forums... just surf around a bit and you should find everything.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copying files between 2 Unix server

Is there a simple way to copy data from one server to a different server? Seems that if 2 servers are on the same network, there should be a simple way to copy between the two. Not just one file. I need to copy a whole directory with subdirectories from one server to a different one. I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing script for finding files in the unix machine?

I would like to find whether a file exists in the UNIX machine. That i can check using if ;then echo "exists" echo " `cat $file` " else echo "invalid file" fi. and i can find out using : find / -name "filename" . But it i have wanted to search in all directories. How to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparsa001
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for Copying files from one server to another using scp

Hi Scripting experts, I am new to the unix scripting. Please help me out for solving the condition given below I am trying to develop a script for Copying files which are getting generated in server A to server B using scp. In serverA files are generating as for eg abc1.txt, abc2.txt,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohithji
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to another server and copying files

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a doubt reg file transfer. I have used the below script to connect to another server and find files having modified for the last 24 hours and have to move the file to another server. While i tried i am getting authentication failed, destination path not found issue. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: incepted
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for copying files from 1 server to other

Hi, I just need a shell script that copies a list of files from a directory in a remote server to my current directory at local server the remote server may contain the following list: /root/pradeep/myfiles/default /root/pradeep/myfiles/dir1 /root/pradeep/myfiles/dir2 ...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paddu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How do i copy files from Unix Server to my Local Desktop.. ANy ideas..please suggest....V Urgent. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: win4luv
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How to copy files from Unix server to Local (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: win4luv
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for copying files from windows to UNIX

Hi guys Let me start by saying that I'm a newbie, so feel free to point me to any good reading material. What I wanted to do is copy some specific files from windows to unix. Let me elaborate my view. Let's say I have some directory tree in unix, CHO-species/C2H1O1/ VAS-S005-001-Ru444/OPT-0/,... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the files to Windows server from UNIX server

Hi Team, I had a requirement to write a shell script which automatically transfer the files from unix server to windows server. I can able to unix to unix using Scp command. I am not sure how to do unix to windows. I am very new on this concept. Could you please help me or guide in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)