Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [Sol10/VMWare] Unable to see new disk space. Post 302233089 by onlinekeyan on Saturday 6th of September 2008 12:47:53 AM
Old 09-06-2008
hi

ur's disk space is only 3 gb. and u have used that space for some partition. then how can u get extra space from that. so make the disk something high ( 10g). dont give the auto partition. give the customize partition, while installation.

devfsadm --- command used to updated new inserted device.

devfsadm -c <diskname>

devfsadm -v <diskinfo>

touch/reconfigure is also used to for the same thing.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

stack space in sol10

we have a solaris 10 box (V440) we are looking for a way to set the stack size for all processes on the system. we know we can use ulimit -s $ ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) unlimited stack(kbytes) 8192 coredump(blocks) unlimited... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
2 Replies

2. Linux

Unable to remove file using rm: Disk space is full

Hi all, My disk space is 100% full. df -k <dir> -> 100% One of my debug files consume huge amount of space and i want to remove the same to start off fresh debugs. However i'm unable to remove the file giving out the following error message: rm -f debug.out22621 rm: cannot remove... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
8 Replies

3. Solaris

unable to connect to solaris guest in vmware

hi All, I require your help and suggestion in this. I have a solaris 10 (guest) installed on a vmware and my host OS is windows 2003 server. i am trying to conenct to the solaris 10 from my local Pc through putty, but unable to connect. please advice what setup or prerequitsites are required to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bathija
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to understand disk layout and where are the free space

Hi I am unable to understand the disk layout of one of my disk attached to v240. This is newly installed system from jumpstart. I am unable to see the free space on backup slice 2 and there are 0 to 8 slices listed when I run format and print the disk info, also there is no reference of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Unable to install ubuntu on vmware server

Hi I have downloaded vmware server 1.0.10 and ubuntu 9.10. Installed vmware server on my windows xp and created the disk space for Ubuntu. Now when i am running the virtual machine using the above downloaded iso image, I get the installation window. I selected 'Install Ubuntu' option and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kushal154
2 Replies

6. SCO

unable to find a root hard disk on vmware

Hello guys i need some guidence on why i am getting the unable to find a root disk and how i can overcome this problem. Thanks :confused:Paddyl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paddyl
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to install Sol10 on V245, exiting to shell.

Hi there, OK so I am super-green, but I have a problem I am hoping someone can help me with. I have a V245 that I am unable to install Solaris 10 (10/09) onto as during the initial install process, the UI pops up for region selection, but then as I enter my region, identify the system, up comes... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: wallrunn3r
21 Replies

8. Linux

Unable to configure in VMWARE

Hi All, I installed Red-hat linux(64bit-x86) os on vmware 8,configure IP address and services but it is unable to come in to network.it is production server. please provide solution to me , it is very urgent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to find utilized disk space on zone server.

Hi, I am unable to find remaining space on solaris 10. below is output. I am facing this issue on zone server. bash-3.00# df -h / Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on / 59G 59G 0K 100% / bash-3.00# pwd / bash-3.00# du -sh * 1K File_Stores 19K TT_DB 9K app 1K bin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies
devfsadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      devfsadm(1M)

NAME
devfsadm, devfsadmd - administration command for /dev SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/devfsadm [-C] [-c device_class] [-i driver_name] [ -n] [-r root_dir] [-s] [-t table_file] [-v] /usr/lib/devfsadm/devfsadmd DESCRIPTION
devfsadm(1M) maintains the /dev namespace. It replaces the previous suite of devfs administration tools including drvconfig(1M), disks(1M), tapes(1M), ports(1M), audlinks(1M), and devlinks(1M). The default operation is to attempt to load every driver in the system and attach to all possible device instances. Next, devfsadm creates logical links to device nodes in /dev and /devices and loads the device policy. devfsadmd(1M) is the daemon version of devfsadm(1M). The daemon is started during system startup and is responsible for handling both reconfiguration boot processing and updating /dev and /devices in response to dynamic reconfiguration event notifications from the kernel. For compatibility purposes, drvconfig(1M), disks(1M), tapes(1M), ports(1M), audlinks(1M), and devlinks(1M) are implemented as links to devfsadm. In addition to managing /dev, devfsadm also maintains the path_to_inst(4) database. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -C Cleanup mode. Prompt devfsadm to cleanup dangling /dev links that are not normally removed. If the -c option is also used, devfsadm only cleans up for the listed devices' classes. -c device_class Restrict operations to devices of class device_class. Solaris defines the following values for device_class: disk, tape, port, audio, and pseudo. This option might be specified more than once to specify multiple device classes. -i driver_name Configure only the devices for the named driver, driver_name. -n Do not attempt to load drivers or add new nodes to the kernel device tree. -s Suppress any changes to /dev. This is useful with the -v option for debugging. -t table_file Read an alternate devlink.tab file. devfsadm normally reads /etc/devlink.tab. -r root_dir Presume that the /dev directory trees are found under root_dir, not directly under root (/). No other use or assumptions are made about root_dir. -v Print changes to /dev in verbose mode. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/devices device nodes directory /dev logical symbolic links to /devices /usr/lib/devfsadm/devfsadmd devfsadm daemon /dev/.devfsadm_dev.lock update lock file /dev/.devfsadm_daemon.lock daemon lock file /etc/security/device_policy device policy file /etc/security/extra_privs additional device privileges ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), add_drv(1M), modinfo(1M), modload(1M), modunload(1M), rem_drv(1M), svcadm(1M), tapes(1M), path_to_inst(4), attributes(5), privi- leges(5), smf(5), devfs(7FS) NOTES
This document does not constitute an API. The /devices directory might not exist or might have different contents or interpretations in a future release. The existence of this notice does not imply that any other documentation that lacks this notice constitutes an API. devfsadm no longer manages the /devices name space. See devfs(7FS). The device configuration service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier, and can be used to start devfsadm during reconfiguration boot by: svc:/system/device/local:default Otherwise, devfsadm is started by: svc:/system/sysevent:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 23 Jun 2008 devfsadm(1M)