Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDAP - is there an API
Top Forums Programming LDAP - is there an API Post 302232959 by ramen_noodle on Friday 5th of September 2008 03:48:02 PM
Old 09-05-2008
Depending on the source of your ldapsearch utility OpenLDAP may be alternately applicable. OpenLDAP, Software, Man Pages: ldap

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tyoes of API

What is Low-Level API and High-Level API? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumsin
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to use getdiskbyname() API

I would like to use getdiskbyname() this API to get disk size and disk usage can any one give me an example of c program thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
0 Replies

3. Linux

New collectl API

If anyone is interested I just released a new version that contains an API for collecting any kind of data you want and to include it in the user interface, data files and even be able to send it via sockets to other tools. Of course you need to be a perl programmer to use it... A second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

4. Programming

API in C for compress (.Z) ?

Hi all, I would like to know if an API for compress (.Z) exists in C ? I want to write a program which process a large number of data files with efficient compression at the end. Thanks http://fedora.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: domiq44
4 Replies

5. Programming

perl api

Does anyone have any example of how to use the perl api within Build Forge (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

something like LDAP Administrator 2011.1 "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI

Hi I am searching a tool like "LDAP Administrator 2011.1"/ "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI. Wish to use LDAP-SQL in scripts (non Windows GUI environment) http://ldapadministrator.com/resources/english/2011.1/images/sqlquery_large.png Softerra LDAP Administrator 2011.1 - What's New OS is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run an API from a script and extract fields from output of API

Hi, I need to call an API (GetUsageDetails)from inside a shell script which takes an input argument acct_nbr. The output of API will be like : <usageAccum accumId="450" accumCaptn="PM_125" inclUnits="1410.00" inclUnitsUsed="744.00" shared="true" pooled="false" prorated="false"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

8. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

9. Web Development

Face-api.js — JavaScript API for Face Recognition in the Browser with tensorflow.js

Ref: https://itnext.io/face-api-js-javascript-api-for-face-recognition-in-the-browser-with-tensorflow-js-bcc2a6c4cf07 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
LDAP_URL(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       LDAP_URL(3)

NAME
ldap_is_ldap_url, ldap_url_parse, ldap_free_urldesc - LDAP Uniform Resource Locator routines LIBRARY
OpenLDAP LDAP (libldap, -lldap) SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_is_ldap_url( const char *url ) int ldap_url_parse( const char *url, LDAPURLDesc **ludpp ) typedef struct ldap_url_desc { char * lud_scheme; /* URI scheme */ char * lud_host; /* LDAP host to contact */ int lud_port; /* port on host */ char * lud_dn; /* base for search */ char ** lud_attrs; /* list of attributes */ int lud_scope; /* a LDAP_SCOPE_... value */ char * lud_filter; /* LDAP search filter */ char ** lud_exts; /* LDAP extensions */ int lud_crit_exts; /* true if any extension is critical */ /* may contain additional fields for internal use */ } LDAPURLDesc; void ldap_free_urldesc( LDAPURLDesc *ludp ); DESCRIPTION
These routines support the use of LDAP URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) as detailed in RFC 4516. LDAP URLs look like this: ldap://hostport/dn[?attrs[?scope[?filter[?exts]]]] where: hostport is a host name with an optional ":portnumber" dn is the search base attrs is a comma separated list of attributes to request scope is one of these three strings: base one sub (default=base) filter is filter exts are recognized set of LDAP and/or API extensions. Example: ldap://ldap.example.net/dc=example,dc=net?cn,sn?sub?(cn=*) URLs that are wrapped in angle-brackets and/or preceded by "URL:" are also tolerated. Alternative LDAP schemes such as ldaps:// and ldapi:// may be parsed using the below routines as well. ldap_is_ldap_url() returns a non-zero value if url looks like an LDAP URL (as opposed to some other kind of URL). It can be used as a quick check for an LDAP URL; the ldap_url_parse() routine should be used if a more thorough check is needed. ldap_url_parse() breaks down an LDAP URL passed in url into its component pieces. If successful, zero is returned, an LDAP URL description is allocated, filled in, and ludpp is set to point to it. If an error occurs, a non-zero URL error code is returned. ldap_free_urldesc() should be called to free an LDAP URL description that was obtained from a call to ldap_url_parse(). SEE ALSO
ldap(3) RFC 4516 <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4516.txt> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP Software is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project <http://www.openldap.org/>. OpenLDAP Software is derived from Uni- versity of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2012/04/23 LDAP_URL(3)