Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDAP - is there an API
Top Forums Programming LDAP - is there an API Post 302232959 by ramen_noodle on Friday 5th of September 2008 03:48:02 PM
Old 09-05-2008
Depending on the source of your ldapsearch utility OpenLDAP may be alternately applicable. OpenLDAP, Software, Man Pages: ldap

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tyoes of API

What is Low-Level API and High-Level API? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumsin
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to use getdiskbyname() API

I would like to use getdiskbyname() this API to get disk size and disk usage can any one give me an example of c program thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
0 Replies

3. Linux

New collectl API

If anyone is interested I just released a new version that contains an API for collecting any kind of data you want and to include it in the user interface, data files and even be able to send it via sockets to other tools. Of course you need to be a perl programmer to use it... A second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

4. Programming

API in C for compress (.Z) ?

Hi all, I would like to know if an API for compress (.Z) exists in C ? I want to write a program which process a large number of data files with efficient compression at the end. Thanks http://fedora.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: domiq44
4 Replies

5. Programming

perl api

Does anyone have any example of how to use the perl api within Build Forge (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

something like LDAP Administrator 2011.1 "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI

Hi I am searching a tool like "LDAP Administrator 2011.1"/ "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI. Wish to use LDAP-SQL in scripts (non Windows GUI environment) http://ldapadministrator.com/resources/english/2011.1/images/sqlquery_large.png Softerra LDAP Administrator 2011.1 - What's New OS is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run an API from a script and extract fields from output of API

Hi, I need to call an API (GetUsageDetails)from inside a shell script which takes an input argument acct_nbr. The output of API will be like : <usageAccum accumId="450" accumCaptn="PM_125" inclUnits="1410.00" inclUnitsUsed="744.00" shared="true" pooled="false" prorated="false"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

8. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

9. Web Development

Face-api.js — JavaScript API for Face Recognition in the Browser with tensorflow.js

Ref: https://itnext.io/face-api-js-javascript-api-for-face-recognition-in-the-browser-with-tensorflow-js-bcc2a6c4cf07 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Net::LDAP::Extra::AD(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::LDAP::Extra::AD(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Extra::AD -- AD convenience methods SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Extra qw(AD); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( ... ); ... if ($ldap->is_AD || $ldap->is_ADAM) { $ldap->change_ADpassword($dn, $old_password, $new_password); } DESCRIPTION
Net::LDAP::Extra::AD tries to spare users the necessity to reinvent the wheel again and again in order to correctly encode password strings so that they can be used in AD password change operations. To do so, it provides the following methods: METHODS
is_AD ( ) Tell if the LDAP server queried is an Active Directory Domain Controller. As the check is done by querying the root DSE of the directory, it works without being bound to the directory. is_ADAM ( ) Tell if the LDAP server queried is running AD LDS (Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services), previously known as ADAM (Active Directoy Application Mode). As the check is done by querying the root DSE of the directory, it works without being bound to the directory. change_ADpassword ( DN, OLD_PASSWORD, NEW_PASSWORD ) Change the password of the account given by DN from its old value OLD_PASSWORD to the new value NEW_PASSWORD. This method requires encrypted connections. reset_ADpassword ( DN, NEW_PASSWORD, OPTIONS ) Reset the password of the account given by DN to the value given in NEW_PASSWORD. OPTIONS is a list of key/value pairs. The following keys are recognized: force_change If TRUE, the affected user is required to change the password at next login. For this method to work, the caller needs to be bound to AD with sufficient permissions, and the connection needs to be encrypted. AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de<gt> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2012 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-23 Net::LDAP::Extra::AD(3)