Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding Overlap between two sets of data Post 302232857 by Franklin52 on Friday 5th of September 2008 10:29:55 AM
Old 09-05-2008
Duplicate posting is not allowed, please read the rules.

Proceed here if you want to add new information to clarify your question:

https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...comparing.html

Thread closed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading in data sets into arrays from an input file.

Hye all, I would like some help with reading in a file in which the data is seperated by commas. for instance: input.dat: 1,2,34,/test for the above case, the fn. will store the values into an array -> data as follows: data = 1 data = 2 data = 34 data = /test I am trying to write... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidamin810
5 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Clouds (Partially Order Sets) - Streams (Linearly Ordered Sets) - Part 2

timbass Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:07:53 +0000 Originally posted in Yahoo! CEP-Interest Here is my follow-up note on posets (partially ordered sets) and tosets (totally or linearly ordered sets) as background set theory for event processing, and in particular CEP and ESP. In my last note, we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Lines between data sets using SED?

Hello all and thanks in advance! What I'm looking to do is insert a blank line, anytime the first 9 characters of a given line don't match the first 9 characters of the previous line. i.e. Convert the data set 1 45 64 89 1 89 69 235 2 89 234 67 2 56 90... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selkirk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific data and count number containing sets from a file?

Hello everybody! I am quit new here and hope you can help me. Using an awk script I am trying to extract data from several files. The structure of the input files is as follows: TimeStep parameter1 parameter2 parameter3 parameter4 e.g. 1 X Y Z L 1 D H Z I 1 H Y E W 2 D H G F 2 R... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel8472
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Partition Overlap

I have just purchased a new server running RHELS R6 from a well known supplier. The OS came pre-installed so I (as a previous almost identical server) just finished off the install. I have just been extending one of the partitions and noticed an overlap. Filesystem Size Used Avail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetex
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX one line cmd join 2 sets of data from 2 files

Hi all, This is my first and undoubtedly many posts to come. I'm new to using unix and would like a hand with this problem I have. What i'm trying to do is match 2 sets of data from 2 files and put result into file 3. Sounds simply but there is a catch, the match is a "partial field" match, if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tugar
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Overlap by two columns

Hi, I want to overlap two files based on two columns in each files. Here I'm overlapping the first two columns of the first file with columns 3 &4 of the second file (Bolded) to get the common lines. File1 ESR1 1 15 ggtga ESR1 7 18 tgcagt FOXA1 3 10 gtgat FOXA1 10 20 tgacc File2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JJ001
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the Overlap

Hi Help, I am trying to find a overlap zone by compraing th etwo files which is printed below. File-1 is --- 1011 234 2967 787 235 900 435 654 File 2 is --- 1211 456 595 678 546 678 2967 787 I would like to have a o/p which just read 2967 787,'comm' doesn't seem to do the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)