Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find and "-print" switch
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find and "-print" switch Post 302232544 by radoulov on Thursday 4th of September 2008 06:44:43 PM
Old 09-04-2008
Sometimes you may need to write a code like this:

Code:
% find
./unwanted_dir
./unwanted_dir/unwanted_file
./wanted_dir
./wanted_dir/wanted_file
% find -name unwanted_dir -prune -o -print
./wanted_dir
./wanted_dir/wanted_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find command" to find the files in the current directories but not in the "subdir"

Dear friends, please tell me how to find the files which are existing in the current directory, but it sholud not search in the sub directories.. it is like this, current directory contains file1, file2, file3, dir1, dir2 and dir1 conatins file4, file5 and dir2 contains file6,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk find in columns with "if then" statement and print results

I have a file1.txt file1.txt F-120009210","Felix","U-M-F-F-F-","white","yes","no","U-M-F-F-F-","Bristol","RI","true" F-120009213","Fluffy","U-F-","white","yes","no","M-F-","Warwick","RI","true" U-120009217","Lity","U-M-","grey","yes","yes","","Fall River","MA","true"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles33
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why awk print is strange when I set FS = " " instead of FS = "\t"?

Look at the following data file(cou.data) which has four fields separated by tab. Four fields are country name, land area, population, continent where it belongs. As for country name or continent name which has two words, two words are separated by space. (Data are not accurately... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chihuyu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
devswmgr(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       devswmgr(8)

NAME
devswmgr - utility to manage the device switch database SYNOPSIS
/sbin/devswmgr [-option [parameter]] OPTIONS
Displays the following information about the device switch database: Whether a device switch database was read from the primary file or from a backup file The number of entries that are in the device switch table Displays the major numbers that have been reserved by all drivers, a named driver, or an instance of a named driver. A driver that requires more than one entry in the device switch table uses a unique instance number to reference each of its device switch table entries. Displays help for the devswmgr command. Releases all the major numbers for a device driver if just the driver name is specified. Releases one major number for a device driver if the NAME and the INSTANCENUM of the driver are speci- fied. DESCRIPTION
The devswmgr command helps you manage the device switch table by displaying information about the devices drivers in the table. You can also use the command to release device switch table entries. Typically, you release the entries for a driver after you have unloaded the driver and do not plan to reload it later. Releasing the entries frees them for use by other device drivers. EXAMPLES
The following example shows that a device switch table was loaded from the primary device and that there are 70 entries in it: % /sbin/devswmgr -display Device switch information device switch database read from primary file device switch table has 70 entries The following example shows the major numbers in the device switch table that have been reserved for the driver named cam_disk: % /sbin/devswmgr -getnum driver=cam_disk Device switch reservation list (*=entry in use) driver name instance major ------------------------------- -------- ----- cam_disk 1 8* FILES
The file that manages the device switch databases The primary device switch database file The backup device switch database file SEE ALSO
Commands: scsimgr(8) devswmgr(8)