Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Solaris 9 new pumbed interface will not enter a RUNNING state Post 302232531 by Perderabo on Thursday 4th of September 2008 05:49:59 PM
Old 09-04-2008
try:
ifconfig bge1 plumb up
ifconfig bge1 10.14.5.73 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 10.14.5.255

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

report of autosys job in RUNNING state

I am looking to get a report on autosys jobs in RUNNING state b/w certain time frame (timeA and timeB). What I am after is the list of all the jobs that ran between AND during timeA and timeB. Jobs within the timeframe could either: A: STARTING --> RUNNING --> SUCCESS/FAILURE etc.. B: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgilan01
0 Replies

2. Programming

I am looking to get a report on autosys jobs in RUNNING state b/w certain time frame (timeA and timeB). What I am after is the list of all the jobs that ran between AND during timeA and timeB. Jobs within the timeframe could either: A: STARTING --> RUNNING --> SUCCESS/FAILURE etc.. B: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

3. Solaris

I am looking to get a report on autosys jobs in RUNNING state b/w certain time frame (timeA and timeB). What I am after is the list of all the jobs that ran between AND during timeA and timeB. Jobs within the timeframe could either: A: STARTING --> RUNNING --> SUCCESS/FAILURE etc.. B: ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I am looking to get a report on autosys jobs in RUNNING state b/w certain time frame (timeA and timeB). What I am after is the list of all the jobs that ran between AND during timeA and timeB. Jobs within the timeframe could either: A: STARTING --> RUNNING --> SUCCESS/FAILURE etc.. B: ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ctrl-enter doesn't work when running Midnight Commander in xterm

When running MC in xterm or gnome-terminal, it doesn't seem to allow the use of Ctrl-enter and Ctr-shift-enter to copy marked files to the command line. Does anyone know of another way to cause this to happen or a way to enable it under xterm/gnome-term? With thanks, Narnie (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Interface e1000g0 not showing in running state

Hello all, I have a sun server SunOS PNR1RAD01 5.10 Generic_144488-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T5220 where i have an interface e100g0. This was earlier in running state but now this doesnt show running state. I tried to reset the interface, checked the cable but it did not help. Can nyone pls... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjat2
10 Replies

8. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell script in stopped state while running in background

Hi, I want to run a shell script in background . but its going to stopped state $ ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh & 8975 $ + Stopped (tty output) ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh & why is this happening? Also could anyone please tell me what is a stopped... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
12 Replies
root_archive(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root DESCRIPTION
The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on x86 platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2 Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) SunOS 5.11 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)