Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Configuring Linux box with the smtp mail server Post 302232485 by era on Thursday 4th of September 2008 02:44:45 PM
Old 09-04-2008
Sendmail creates logs when it does things. See if you spot anything interesting in wherever that is set up to log to; a good bet might be /var/log/sendmail.log or mail.log. Also check with mailq -- the message is probably still on hold in the queue, quite likely with an explanation of why (run with -v to see the full diagnostic, if I recall correctly).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring my PostFix Mail Server

Hi folks! I have a Postfix email server running on my MacOs x box. I would like to customize this automatic message to portuguese language: ============ This is the Postfix program at host myserver.com. I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris mail routing to Windows SMTP server (trailing dot)

Hello, Firstly, appologies, i am a windows man but i'm picking things up really quickly.! We have some Unix boxes on our estate that route mail to a Windows SMTP server. This doesn't seem to work and after looking at the message headers it looks like the mail is getting bounced. :( -----... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M2TTJ
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure Linux box with my SMTP mail server

Hi all, I need to send mail to a particular email id using a local mail server.This mail shall contain the content of a file. I don't have any idea how to do it. Can anyone guide me ,where to start proceeding for it. Any guide or study material would appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_kv1983
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

php code - Sending mail with external SMTP server

Here is the code: <?php //new function function loadini($path) { $fp = fopen($path, "r"); $fpcontents = fread($fp, filesize($path)); fclose($fp); return $fpcontents; } $to = "test@test.com"; $nameto = "notme"; $from = "test"; $namefrom = "Who From"; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring mail to send email from server to client

Hi, I want to send an email from server to my gmail account for all critical messages reported in the server. Kindly help me in configuring the same. Regards Rochit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring smtp settings and then sending the mail through shell script

I have make an menu in which first option is to start and second is to stop the services echo "Please enter the appropriate choice for doing the operations" echo " 1) STOP Services 2) START Services case $choice in 1) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

7. Solaris

OutBound SMTP Server Mail issue

Hi all I have a Live SMTP server for outbound mails ( Mail being sent from my organization to outside domains). A large chunk of mails are not being sent and reside in /var/spool/mqueue directory. The header of there mails are: From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> How can I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring sshd server on UNIX box

I want to configure and run sshd server on my unix box. I already have that installed. # yum -y install openssh-server openssh-clients Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * base: centos.mirror.constant.com * epel:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitalchandel
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need an help in configuring Postfix mail relay server

Hello, We have 2 servers, server A and Server B in same domain. I have already configured the Serevr A to send an email to the internet (outside domain) by opening the port 25 to the internet. Now I need to send an email to the outside domain from Server B using server A. I have opened the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathishbabu89
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

I need help configuring postfix mail server within AWS

I am trying to setup the postfix email server on Redhat Linux 6.5 running as an EC2 instance in AWS. I can do reverse port mapping to open a port from our internal network to the AWS linux server, so we should be able to get to our mail server, even though it is a one way path from our internal ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
1 Replies
mconnect(1)							   User Commands						       mconnect(1)

NAME
mconnect - connect to SMTP mail server socket SYNOPSIS
mconnect [-p port] [-r] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
The mconnect utility opens a connection to the mail server on a given host, so that it can be tested independently of all other mail soft- ware. If no host is given, the connection is made to the local host. Servers expect to speak the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) on this connection. Exit by typing the quit command. Typing EOF sends an end of file to the server. An interrupt closes the connection immedi- ately and exits. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p port Specify the port number instead of the default SMTP port (number 25) as the next argument. -r "Raw" mode: disable the default line buffering and input handling. This produces an effect similar to telnet(1) to port number 25. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: hostname The name of a given host. USAGE
The mconnect command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf help file for SMTP commands ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
telnet(1), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), ip6(7P) Postel, Jonathan B., RFC 821, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, August 1982. SunOS 5.10 9 Nov 1999 mconnect(1)