Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unix file temporarily unavailable Post 302232430 by incredible on Thursday 4th of September 2008 12:06:30 PM
Old 09-04-2008
Description:
An NFS version 4 server can delegate the management of a file to a client. This message indicates that the server is recalling a delegation for another client that conflicts with a request from your client.

Solution:
The recall must occur before the server can process your client's request. For more information about delegation, refer to Delegation in NFS Version 4 (System Administration Guide: Network Services) - Sun Microsystems

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

sendto failing "resource temporarily unavailable"

Well, I am not even sure if its failing, cause at the other end I have a select call and it wakes up and reads the data I sent fine. Ok here is the issue, I have a UDP socket(non blocking) through which I push some data to another port. At the other end I have select loop, waiting for this data.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
6 Replies

2. Solaris

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable - What can I check ?

Hi everybody, I have an Unix box running Solaris and every day for 1 hour or 2 the box is stuck and I can only get this error message when trying to type a command : bash-3.00$ vmstat 5 bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable How can I trace what's is going wrong with this box ?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resource temporarily unavailable Error In Socket

Hi, Now I am programming to communicate with some network printer through TCP Socket program.By sending command "\033E 1\r" to printer,causes, check the port for error normally. In my case i used following code bytesSent = send( sockfd, "\033E 1\r",sizeof("\033E 1\r"), 0); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavinsivakumar
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection

Solaris 10 Server refuse to connect :wall: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection , refuse error, disconnect message, fatal error type2, (protocol error type2) Issue has been resolved after taken few steps :b: First of all need to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
1 Replies

6. AIX

Tape device temporarily unavailable

Hi All, After (by accident) closing a session that ran a restore command I can not access the tape drive anymore. I get the following error: # tctl -f /dev/rmt0 rewind /dev/rmt0: Resource temporarily unavailable But I cannot find any processes associated with the tape device: # ps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bc: File is unavailable

Hello, Unix-Forum! Yet another problem: var=1.5 bc $var + 3.2 results in File 1.5 is unavailable So I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. intelinside (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelinside
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fork: Resource Temporarily Unavailable

I wrote a script that works most of the time but gave me fork: resource temporarily unavailable some of the time. I restarted my computer and now it runs fine but googling "fork: resource temporarily unavailable" and looking on the forums has not actually helped me figure out what exactly I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monstrousturtle
3 Replies

9. Programming

[ERROR:Resource temporarily unavailable!] Serial writing by termios library

Hello, I am using the termios library to write data that I get from a Bluetooth device to a modem via serial. The data arrive from the Bluetooth device correctly every 50ms and I have to bypass them on the serial ttyUSB3 where it is connected to a modem connected to a socket with static IP. The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: enaud
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Hi friends, Working on a linux X86-64 bit system, I suddenly started getting this error (mentioned in subject) from various scripts. I googled, found that there are couple of reason which causes this issue. - less memory I am pretty sure, memory seems to be stable on my system and at the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
15 Replies
syslog.conf(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						    syslog.conf(4)

NAME
syslog.conf - syslogd configuration file SYNOPSIS
facility.severity destination Where: Is part of the system generating the message, specified in /usr/include/sys/syslog_pri.h. See also the syslogd(8) reference page. The severity level, which can be emerg, alert, crit, err, warning, notice, info, or debug. See /usr/include/sys/syslog_pri.h. The syslogd daemon logs all messages of the specified severity level plus all messages of greater severity. For example, if you specify level err, all messages of levels err, crit, alert, and emerg or panic are logged. A local file pathname to a log file, a host name for remote logging or a list of users. In the latter case the users will receive messages when they are logged in. An asterisk (*) causes a message to be sent to all users who are currently logged in. DESCRIPTION
The /etc/syslog.conf file is a system file that enables you to configure or filter events that are to be logged by syslogd. You can specify more than one facility and its severity level by separating them with semicolons. You can specify more than one facility logs to the same file by separating the facilities with commas, as shown in the EXAMPLES section. The syslogd daemon ignores blank lines and lines that begin with an octothorpe (#). You can specify # as the first character in a line to include comments in the file or to disable an entry. The facility and severity level are separated from the destination by one or more tab characters. If you want the syslogd daemon to use a configuration file other than the default, you must specify the file name with the following com- mand: # syslogd -f config_file Daily Log Files You can specify in the /etc/syslog.conf file that the syslogd daemon create daily log files. To create daily log files, use the following syntax to specify the path name of the message destination: /var/adm/syslog.dated/ { file} The file variable specifies the name of the log file, for example, mail.log or kern.log. If you specify a /var/adm/syslog.dated/file path name destination, each day the syslogd daemon creates a sub-directory under the /var/adm/syslog.dated directory and a log file in the sub-directory, using the following syntax: /var/adm/syslog.dated/ date / file Where: The date variable specifies the day, month, and time that the log file was created. The file variable specifies the name of the log file you previously specified in the /etc/syslog.conf file. The syslogd daemon automatically cre- ates a new date directory every 24 hours and also when you boot the system. The current directory is a link to the latest date directory. To get the latest logs, you only need to reference the /var/adm/syslog.dated/current directory. EXAMPLES
The following is a sample /etc/syslog.conf file: # # syslogd config file # # facilities: kern user mail daemon auth syslog lpr binary # priorities: emerg alert crit err warning notice info debug # kern.debug /var/adm/syslog.dated/kern.log user.debug /var/adm/sys- log.dated/user.log daemon.debug /var/adm/syslog.dated/daemon.log auth.crit;syslog.debug /var/adm/syslog.dated/syslog.log mail,lpr.debug /var/adm/syslog.dated/misc.log msgbuf.err /var/adm/crash.dated/msgbuf.savecore kern.debug /var/adm/messages kern.debug /dev/console *.emerg * FILES
/etc/syslog.conf /etc/syslog.auth - Authorization file for remote logging. /usr/include/sys/syslog_pri.h - Common components of a syslog event log record. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: /usr/sbin/syslogd(8), /usr/sbin/binlogd(8) System Administration delim off syslog.conf(4)