Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris file system full in Sun Solaris 9 sparc Post 302232352 by incredible on Thursday 4th of September 2008 09:58:43 AM
Old 09-04-2008
Pls boot the system using cdrom to single user.
check your dump device if there's any core files in it to remove them
/var/crash/`hostname`

Or perform du -sk * |sort -rn |head to check the top ten Large files/directories to housekeep.
Do fsck on ALL the slices and bring up the system

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Info Needed in Seting up An apache Web Server on A Sun Sparc with Solaris 8

I need help in the form of the complete procedures necessary in setting up an Apache web server on a Sun Sparc running Solaris 8 David Johnston P.S New to the Unix arena (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: David Johnston
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SUN SPARC rebooting problem, after Solaris 10 installation

Hi All, I had install the solaris 10 into the SUNFIRE V890 server, after installed, it keep rebooting. I wish to enter the OK mode again, and install back the Solaris 10. i had try the "break" button and "stop+A" button, but all fail. kindly advice... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
4 Replies

3. Hardware

Works sun solaris sparc with hp storageworks p2000 fc?

I need to know if is possible connect by hba a sun 5120 solaris 10 sparc with hp Storageworks p2000 and works with luns. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombe
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Adding new hard drives on Sun SPARC T5440 server with Solaris 10

I need to add two new hard drives of 300 GB capacity to a SunSPARC T5440 server. The server currently has two hard drives of 146 GB each. How do I add the new drives to the existing UFS? What are the procedures involved in setting this server with the new hard drives? I am very new to Solaris... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramatnmcc
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Solaris SPARC Installation Suggetion plaese

Hello Team, I am new to Sun Solaris. I badly need some help, how to install solaris sparc 8 on simics 3.0.31. I am using my Acer laptop with 320 GB HD, 8 GB of RAM, Intel Core i5 processor 430M. Windows 7 already installed on it. 1.Can i make Dual partions on this laptop with Win7 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: faseeh
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
strclean(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       strclean(8)

NAME
strclean - Removes outdated STREAMS error log files SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/strclean [-d logdir] [-a age] FLAGS
Specifies a maximum age in days for the STREAMS error log files if this not the default age of 3. The value of age must be an integer greater than or less than 3. Specifies a directory for the location of the STREAMS error log files to be removed if this is not the default directory /var/adm/streams. DESCRIPTION
The strclean command cleans the STREAMS error logger directory of log files (error.mm-dd) that contain error messages sent by the STREAMS log driver (strlog). If no other directory is specified (the logdir argument), the command removes error log files in the /var/adm/streams directory. If no other age is specified (the age argument), the command removes error log files that have not been modified in 3 days. The strclean command is executed by the cron daemon on a periodic basis. EXAMPLES
To remove the day-old error log files from a directory called /tmp/streams, enter: strclean -d /tmp/streams -a 1 FILES
One or more error log file or files on which strclean operates. The mm.dd in the filename indicates the month and day of the messages con- tained in the file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: strerr(8), cron(8). Interfaces: strlog(7). delim off strclean(8)