Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How To find if Specific Software is installed ? Post 302232155 by noble_curious on Thursday 4th of September 2008 01:51:13 AM
Old 09-04-2008
Ok... can someone tell me that is there any system call in Linux/Unix through which I can determine if some daemon/service is running or not. I mean as I can check while scripting as ` /etc/ini.d/mysqld status`... and this show me if the daemon is running or not. So is there any system call or function existing that I may use in C/C++ for checking if the mysqld is running or not. This is the way I have in my mind to check if the mysql is installed or not.. even if it installed and not running ... I can prompt then to the user ! (If someone has better idea then plz state it)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knowing installed software versions

Hello, Is there any command or something to know the versions of the softwares installed ? Similar to the registry in Windows, is there anything in Unix ...? We are shifting our server to other one ... so we need to install the same versions on other server also .. Please advice, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayathirtha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installed software

I am a complete novice/dumbo with Unix. How can I ascertain what software is installed on a unix system? Any help is much appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakeley
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installed Software

Pls guys, what command do i use to dispaly the Disk size and Ram Size my system? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tt1ect
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Listing all Software and Tools installed

Hi, In Unix, how do we know, which software and tools are installed? Is there any command or info file available for the same? Regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasnain
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing installed software

hi,:) In redhat linux whats the command to list all the installed s/w. cheers RRK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing installed software.

I have some 30 AIX servers and I want their software packages to be consistent. AIX provides a command to list out all pertinent information on a software package in a colon separate list - I grab this through ssh and collect in a temp directory server_name.log. Now, I'm stuck. I can create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejk67
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiled software installed correctly?

Greetings all, first time poster. I have always had an interest in Unix and so decided to try and learn some on my own. I have learned a great deal by just lurking, so for those of you who patiently share your knowledge-thank you! I am in the process of compiling and installing some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Which Solaris 10 software group is installed?

Hey Forumers- I know how to tell which update of Solaris 10 is installed on my systems (/etc/release) but how can I determine which software group is installed? reduced network support software group (SUNWCrnet) core system support software group (SUNWCreq) end user system support... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Is it possible access software installed on one partition from another

Hello Team my scenario is like i have 2 partitions on server. /apps and /home and i am trying to install my software in /apps partition.intstallation is successful but when i am trying to open something in that its showing blank screen. now if i install that software in /home it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalgourav1983
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_MYSQL(7)						OCF resource agents					    OCF_HEARTBEAT_MYSQL(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_mysql - Manages a MySQL database instance SYNOPSIS
mysql [start | stop | status | monitor | promote | demote | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for MySQL. May manage a standalone MySQL database, a clone set with externally managed replication, or a complete master/slave replication setup. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binary Location of the MySQL server binary (optional, string, default /usr/bin/mysqld_safe) client_binary Location of the MySQL client binary (optional, string, default mysql) config Configuration file (optional, string, default /etc/mysql/my.cnf) datadir Directory containing databases (optional, string, default /var/lib/mysql) user User running MySQL daemon (optional, string, default mysql) group Group running MySQL daemon (for logfile and directory permissions) (optional, string, default mysql) log The logfile to be used for mysqld. (optional, string, default /var/log/mysql.log) pid The pidfile to be used for mysqld. (optional, string, default /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid) socket The socket to be used for mysqld. (optional, string, default /var/lib/mysqld/mysqld.sock) test_table Table to be tested in monitor statement (in database.table notation) (optional, string, default mysql.user) test_user MySQL test user (optional, string, default root) test_passwd MySQL test user password (optional, string, no default) enable_creation If the MySQL database does not exist, it will be created (optional, integer, default 0) additional_parameters Additional parameters which are passed to the mysqld on startup. (e.g. --skip-external-locking or --skip-grant-tables) (optional, string, no default) replication_user MySQL replication user. This user is used for starting and stopping MySQL replication, for setting and resetting the master host, and for setting and unsetting read-only mode. Because of that, this user must have SUPER, REPLICATION SLAVE, REPLICATION CLIENT, and PROCESS privileges on all nodes within the cluster. (optional, string, no default) replication_passwd MySQL replication password. Used for replication client and slave. (optional, string, no default) replication_port The port on which the Master MySQL instance is listening. (optional, string, default 3306) max_slave_lag The maximum number of seconds a replication slave is allowed to lag behind its master. Do not set this to zero. What the cluster manager does in case a slave exceeds this maximum lag is determined by the evict_outdated_slaves parameter. (optional, integer, default 3600) evict_outdated_slaves If set to true, any slave which is more than max_slave_lag seconds behind the master has its MySQL instance shut down. If this parameter is set to false in a primitive or clone resource, it is simply ignored. If set to false in a master/slave resource, then exceeding the maximum slave lag will merely push down the master preference so the lagging slave is never promoted to the new master. (optional, boolean, default false) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 20. monitor (Master role) Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 10. monitor (Slave role) Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 30. promote Promotes the resource to the Master role. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. demote Demotes the resource to the Slave role. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. notify Suggested minimum timeout: 90. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a mysql resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_mysql ocf:heartbeat:mysql op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="20" op monitor role="Master" depth="0" timeout="30" interval="10" op monitor role="Slave" depth="0" timeout="30" interval="30" ms ms_mysql p_mysql meta notify="true" interleave="true" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/mysql_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_MYSQL(7)