Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can somebody solve this
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can somebody solve this Post 302231986 by saifsafaa on Wednesday 3rd of September 2008 03:37:55 PM
Old 09-03-2008
the script

#!/bin/ksh
find $CA_OUT_PATH/*/ftp_out -type f -mtime -200 |\
while read file
do
echo "$file"$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M") | read newfile
cp $file $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/$newfile
done

can be modified by

#!/bin/ksh
find $CA_OUT_PATH/*/ftp_out -type f -mtime -200 |\
while read file
do
cp $file $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/tmp
done
for a in `ls -1 $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/tmp`
do
mv $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/tmp/$a $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/$a$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M")
done

but before that make a directory $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/tmp

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve this

I have to write an script for.. CUST: 123 trans: some contents CUST: 1234 trans: some contents Now wat i have to do is this: CUST:123 akash trans: some contents CUST:1234 akash1 trans: I have been able to add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashag22
3 Replies

2. Programming

does any one know how to solve?

Hello experts, Here is my code.I can create the database.But I also want it to see standard output.Please see the blocked code.If i use them they show me weired symbols. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> struct date { int month; int day; int year; }; struct empRec{... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlhazan
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can somebody solve this please

I have to find the files older than 200 days from a path and copy them to some other directory with the current date stamp attached to it. i have written like follows: #!/bin/ksh DSTAMP=$(date +"%y%m%d%H%M") rm $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp touch $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp chmod 777... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenusola
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can somebody solve this

I have to find the files older than 200 days from a path and copy them to some other directory with the current date stamp attached to it. i have written like follows: #!/bin/ksh DSTAMP=$(date +"%y%m%d%H%M") rm $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp touch $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp chmod 777... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenusola
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

help me to solve it thank you

i thought about to use the commands : wc and sort and mybe more .. i need to write a bash script that recive a list of varuables kaka pele ronaldo beckham zidane messi rivaldo gerrard platini i need the program to print the longest word of the list. word in the output appears on a separate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairpg
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

please help me to solve it

i thought about to use the commands : wc and sort cut and mybe more .. i need to write a bash script that recive a list of varuables kaka pele ronaldo beckham zidane messi rivaldo gerrard platini i need the program to print the longest word of the list. word in the output appears on a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yairpg
0 Replies
PMDATE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PMDATE(1)

NAME
pmdate - display an offset date SYNOPSIS
pmdate [ offset ... ] format DESCRIPTION
pmdate displays the current date and/or time, with an optional offset. An offset is specified with a leading sign (``+'' or ``-''), followed by an integer value, followed by one of the following ``scale'' spec- ifiers; S seconds M minutes H hours d days m months y years The output format follows the same rules as for date(1) and strftime(3). For example, the following will display the date a week ago as DDMMYYYY; pmdate -7d %d%m%Y PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
date(1), strftime(3), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDATE(1)