Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Space Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Space Problem Post 302231914 by chris1234 on Wednesday 3rd of September 2008 01:03:57 PM
Old 09-03-2008
Thanks Vidhya. So i need to use AWK in order to get the column which contains space. Got it. I tried IFS=',' and couple of other stuff but everytime i was running into this problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root file system space problem

Dear all My actual root file system size is 1 gb, only OS installed . other than OS i did n't installed in this slice. but It shows 100% full. When try to create space , I couldn't find any files other than OS. What may be the reason? Help.... any one pls. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbaloo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with space

I am in the initial stage of learning UNIX. I got PC with Intel SUN SOLARIS S/W. I am planning to install Oracle on the same machine. I have created /export with more than 3gb space, when I have installed the OS. As a Oracle user when I am trying to create a directory I am able to get only 512... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

problem with swap space

I have sun solaris 8 for intell with 128m physiccal ram and swap of 148. Oracle requires to have 512M swap space. Is there a way I can change the swap space on intell machine without repartioning the box:? what if i create a link to /swap from another place???? pls advise Jigar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux space problem

I am very new to Linux and trying to install Oracle 9.2 on Red Hat Linux 7.2. My problem: /tmp needs to be larger in order to install Oracle. It is 64MB now. How can I resize this? I'm totally confused !! Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: canova
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Everywhere space problem

Solved.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redbeard_06
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix -- Space problem -- File number limitation?

Dear all Recently I cant touch file in one mount point (which is not full, 78% full only), it says can't write to device, obviously it means it's full, I deleted some files and I can write some files only. I wonder is there any file number limitation in a mount point and how can I check or how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space problem in files

Hi, I have a file containing a list of entries. Want to do ls on them. for a in `cat <list.txt>`; do ls $a; done; Now some entries contain spaces. How do i incorporate space in $a. Quoting $a in "" doesn't help. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap space problem

Hy! Recently i had a problem with one of mine Tru64 machines. It started to kill processes because of low amount of swap space. It said that it went below 10 %. But when i ran swapon -s it said: In-use space: 12 % So, the system couldn't accept any new ssh connections plus it killed most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing only the first space to a tab in a space delimited text file

Hi, I have a space delimited text file but I only want to change the first space to a tab and keep the rest of the spaces intact. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

10. AIX

Problem space used on AIX 5.3

Hello everyone, Sorry for my English but i'm French. I have a problem on an AIX 5.3 server on the occupation of a file system. When i run a df -m, this is what i get : Filesystem MB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/fslv09 3936.00 340.94 92% 7255 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veis
8 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)