Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users j2_maxPageReadAhead & j2_nBufferPerPagerDevice and CIO Post 302231859 by zaxxon on Wednesday 3rd of September 2008 09:51:06 AM
Old 09-03-2008
There is an AIX subforum here - post AIX problems there next time please^^

How did you notice it is locked up? Can you please post a vmstat -vs? An iostat of the disk(s) on which the problematic filesystems is placed on could help too.

Edit: Are you using AIO? If yes, "lsattr -El aio0" and "ps aux| grep aioserver" and iostat with -AQ to check aio queues maybe, please, ty Smilie What kind of application is causing that traffic?

Last edited by zaxxon; 09-03-2008 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: one more idea

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

2. AIX

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

3. Linux

Is Concurrent I/O (CIO) available on Linux?

Hi Guys, I just wondering if any of the AIX gurus with some exposure to Linux Redhat can tell me whether in Linux ( Red Hat or OpenSuse ) we have a similar option/capability like the CIO (Concurrent I/O) which is currently available on AIX. The reason I'm asking is because in the past we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CIO in AIX

Hi, I'm reading AIX documentation : Examples 1.To list the mounted file systems, enter: mountThis command produces output similar to the following: node mounted mounted over vfs date options ---- ------- ------------ --- ------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies
all-swaps(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					      all-swaps(7)

NAME
all-swaps - event signalling that all swap partitions have been activated SYNOPSIS
all-swaps [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The all-swaps event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has activated all swap partitions listed in fstab(5). mountall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activ- ity. When this event occurs, common filesystems such as /usr may not be mounted. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once swap partitions are activated might use: start on all-swaps SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 all-swaps(7)