Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I'm not sure how I would describe this Post 302231576 by Ikon on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 05:21:40 PM
Old 09-02-2008
Code:
#!/bin/sh
read var1 var2
echo var1 = $var1 and var2 = $var2
exit 0

Code:
$ sh test.sh
hi mom
var1 = hi and var2 = mom
$ echo "test two" | sh test.sh
var1 = test and var2 = two

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

describe unix commands in english

the following unix command ls | grep'?cw1' | wc -l converting it to english is it going to be like list the result of the search '?cw1' in number of lines is that correct ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: props
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Describe what this line of code would do

I am confused about what this line of code would do. I understand all the pieces but not the final outcome. Anyone that could help? find / -type f -xdev -mtime 0 -size 100000 -exec ls -lht {} /; 2>/dev/null (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NickNine
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Knowing the half will get you into trouble - describe your disasters

Curious, what did you do? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Describe the parameters of iostat,vmstat and mpstat

Hi, I am trying to take the Statistics of the machine during load.Can someone explian the parameters of iostat: tty sd1 sd2 sd3 sd4 cpu tin tout kps tps serv kps tps serv kps tps serv kps tps serv us sy wt id vmstat: kthr ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

special question, hard to describe in few words...

dear coders, i need some inspiration again... there is something what i always wanted to know... how to code following: value 1: __________ value 2: __________ important: when my "script" starts the display has to be cleared and two lines are shown (see above), the cursor has to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DEscribe this command

Hi all. can you please tell me (root) NOPASSWD: ALL what this command means (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

can someone describe

What is openboot prompt is this some kind of shell , and where is located :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

please describe me some simple command

Hi everyone I'm new here and I don't know some command of unix, please help by describe me how it work, I study unix command by myself and can't search exactly means so...Thanks :D sqlplus -s /nolog @${SQLFILE} ${file_type} >> ${OUTPUT_FILE} date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S" $/usr/bin/echo "INFO : $1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zound617
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can someone describe the process of pre-emption in UNIX?

I never understood what exactly it is that preempts a process in a preemptive multitasking system. For example, round-robin, SRTF, or preemptive priority-based algorithms. I understand how the algorithm works, but what exactly triggers the preemption? I know in the case of round-robin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not sure how to describe it but how to format this list so that it print the 1st field once only

Hi, Not sure how to describe the problem. But basically, I have this file listing here app01_app.test.com.ph|PROGRAM=SQL Developer|HOST=AKL0TS100|USER=Admtest01|HOST=10.111.12.23| app02_app.test.com.ph|PROGRAM=D:\interface\apps\bin32\batch.exe|HOST=AKL0TS100|USER=Admtest09|HOST=10.111.12.35|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
Config::Pit(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Config::Pit(3pm)

NAME
Config::Pit - Manage settings SYNOPSIS
use Config::Pit; my $config = pit_get("example.com", require => { "username" => "your username on example", "password" => "your password on example" }); # if the fields are not set, open setting by $EDITOR # with YAML-dumped default values (specified at C<require>). # use $config->{username}, $config->{password} DESCRIPTION
Config::Pit is account setting management library. This library automates editing settings used in scripts. Original library is written in Ruby and published as pit gem with management command. You can install it by rubygems: $ sudo gem install pit $ pit set example.com # open setting of example.com with $EDITOR. And Config::Pit provides ppit command which is pit command written in Perl. See: $ ppit help FUNCTIONS
Config::Pit::get(setting_name, opts) Get setting named "setting_name" from current profile. my $config = Config::Pit::get("example.com"); This is same as below: my $config = pit_get("example.com"); opts: require Specify fields you want as key and hint (description or default value) of the field as value. my $config = pit_get("example.com", require => { "username" => "your username on example.com", "password" => "your password on example.com" }); "require" specified, module check the required fields all exist in setting. If not exist, open the setting by $EDITOR with merged setting with current setting. Config::Pit::set(setting_name, opts) Set setting named "setting_name" to current profile. Config::Pit::set("example.com"); #=> will open setting with $EDITOR opts: data Config::Pit::set("example.com", data => { username => "foobar", password => "barbaz", }); When "data" specified, will not open $EDITOR and set the data directly. config Config::Pit::set("example.com", config => { username => "config description or default value", password => "same as above", }); Open $EDITOR with merged setting with specified config. Config::Pit::switch(profile_name); Switch profile to "profile_name". Profile is setting set: $ pit get foobar # foo bar... $ pit switch devel Switch profile to devel $ pit get foobar # bar baz $ pit switch Switch profile to default $ pit get foobar # foo bar... AUTHOR
cho45 <cho45@lowreal.net> LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
<http://lowreal.rubyforge.org/pit/> is pit in Ruby. bin/ppit is pit command in Perl. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-14 Config::Pit(3pm)