Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX rerun .profile after changing variable Post 302231515 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 01:30:02 PM
Old 09-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboxtops
I changed a $variable in my .profile (AIX unix). I know I could exit out and logon onto unix again, but how do I rerun the .profile at the command line?
Run the .profile in the current shell with:
Code:
. .profile

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying $PATH variable in /etc/profile

In my /etc/profile, my $PATH variable is set as follows: $PATH =/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/etc Then how do I add an additional directory to it? say /export/home/abd/rose Please advise. Thanks! Deepali (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepali
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Profile and environment variable

Hi, I'm using solaris 8 and I need to know where I can add the following variable to have it applied to all my user Ids. I tried to add this to /etc/profile but not working when i check with "env" command : export PW_MATRIX=/usr/local/ccms/security/dat/.PASSWORD_MATRIX export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is .profile and environment variable linked..

:( 1.) How is .profile and environment variable linked.? 2.) What happens when we execute a script.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guhas
3 Replies

4. AIX

Changing user profile - Newbie question

Hi guys, I am very very new to AIX, (actually today I entered an AIX server for the first time), but I have worked with Solaris a little bit in the past. Today when I entered the system, the first thing I realized is that there was no "/home/" directory created, and instead it took me to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panchopp
1 Replies

5. AIX

Environment variable values encrption in profile

Hello This is the format of present profile which we use for a AIX user export DMRUNuser ; DMRUNuser="owbrunuser_10" export DMRUNpasswd ; DMRUNpasswd="ods$12345" DMRUNuser&DMRUNpasswd were the environmental users which store the user id and password of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpana.anuga
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rerun a script if aborted and exited

Hello, When I run a script, the script sometimes exited. I need to re-run it automatically again. Currently I am using crontab to run the script each 5 minutes. However, I need to have a better solution. Any idea what to do? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rerun sql statement

Hi, Script that I wrote only run sql query once then exit. But my requirement, I want the query can be execute a couple of time without exiting the script. How could I do it? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killboy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changing the .profile location

Hi Experts, Can any one guide me to change the .profile location; My case is; I have two .profile in /DATA/home/x/ as well as /home/x/. While login system default refers to /home/x/ but I need to change this to /DATA/home/x/. Please advice. It is urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

defining variable in .profile

In root dir i have created a .profile file and added variable and assigned a path to it: a = '/dir/dir' export a but when i echo (echo $a) the path or use this variable the value or path not getting displayed. i tried executing the .profile and logging out and logging in, didnt workout. am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rerun a cronjob if it doesn't work at first.

I want to add a line to the script that searches for a file. If the file does not exist, I need to kill the cronjob and run it again in one hour. I am running the program and 2 am and 2pm. I would want the job to run again at 3am and 3pm respectively. How could I do this and still keep the cronjob... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
1 Replies
AUTODEP(8)							     AppArmor								AUTODEP(8)

NAME
aa-autodep - guess basic AppArmor profile requirements SYNOPSIS
aa-autodep <executable> [<executable> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-autodep is used to generate a minimal AppArmor profile for a set of executables. This program will generate a profile for binary executable as well as interpreted script programs. At a minimum aa-autodep will provide a base profile containing a base include directive which includes basic profile entries needed by most programs. The profile is generated by recursively calling ldd(1) on the executables listed on the command line. BUGS
This program does not perform full static analysis of executables, so the profiles generated are necessarily incomplete. If you find any bugs, please report them to bugzilla at <http://bugzilla.novell.com>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-complain(1), aa-enforce(1), change_hat(2), and <http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?apparmor>. NOVELL
/SUSE 2008-06-11 AUTODEP(8)