Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pstree problem
Operating Systems Linux pstree problem Post 302231362 by praneshmishra08 on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 07:26:28 AM
Old 09-02-2008
pstree problem

hi friends
i want to know that which user has loggged from real terminal(konsole) using pstree
please help me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

pstree unreadable characters

hi all, i executed this command "pstree" on redhat ent 4 and i got this below with unreadable chars: init─┬─acpid â”─amqzxma0─┬─amqrrmfa │ â”─amqzdmaa │ â”─amqzfuma │ â”─5* │ â”─amqzmgr0─┬─amqpcsea │ │ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference between pstree and pstree.x11

anyone knows? both commands lies in /usr/bin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

3. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP problem and eth1 problem

At work I am trying to get this one Linux machine (let's call it ctesgm07) to behave like another Linux machine that we have (let's call it test007). test007 returns the following version info: cat /etc/debian_version: lenny/sid uname -a: Linux test007 2.6.27-7-generic #1 SMP Tue Nov 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sllinux
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use pstree command?

Hi, How to use the pstree command. I tried to execute as below, not able to interpret/understand the output. pstree -p | grep 525 OUTPUT: $ pstree -p | grep 525 ââscsi_eh_0(525) Can anyone throw some light on this? Many thanks. Rgds, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Problem with forwarding emails (SPF problem)

Hi, This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question. I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pstree but without other children of ancestors

Hi, I want to display the process tree of a given PID, however, I don't want to see other children of the ancestors that don't reach the current PID. My goal is, from the tree result, i have to fetch a particular parent process by keyword, and if any other children from parents have the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies

9. IP Networking

Router problem or ISP problem ?

Hi everyone, I am experiencing discontinuity of Internet service, this started 1 month ago. Everything worked very well for 1 year of intensive use, but now, I have problems reaching my gateway. The gateway is not my router but a node belonging to my ISP and I share the same public IP with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: remic
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using pstree

Hi guys I am trying to write a script using pstree. I understand what pstree does and how to write the command etc but I want to have a script which adds up all of the processes in the tree to get a whole number instead of the tree list which would normally come out. What I have done so far... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
3 Replies
enhance(1)							   User Commands							enhance(1)

NAME
enhance - enhanced command-line editing facilities SYNOPSIS
enhance command [argument...] DESCRIPTION
The enhance program provides enhanced command-line editing facilities to users of third party applications, to which one doesn't have any source code. It does this by placing a pseudo-terminal between the application and the real terminal. It uses the tecla command-line edit- ing library to read input from the real terminal, then forwards each just completed input line to the application via the pseudo-terminal. All output from the application is forwarded back unchanged to the real terminal. Whenever the application stops generating output for more than a tenth of a second, the enhance program treats the latest incomplete output line as the prompt, and redisplays any incompleted input line that the user has typed after it. Note that the small delay, which is imper- ceptible to the user, isn't necessary for correct operation of the program.It is just an optimization, designed to stop the input line from being redisplayed so often that it slows down output. Note that the user-level command-line editing facilities provided by the Tecla library are documented in the tecla(5) man page DEFICIENCIES The one major problem that hasn't been solved yet, is how to deal with applications that change whether typed input is echo'd by their con- trolling terminal. For example, programs that ask for a password, such as ftp and telnet, temporarily tell their controlling terminal not to echo what the user types. Since this request goes to the application side of the psuedo terminal, the enhance program has no way of knowing that this has happened, and continues to echo typed input to its controlling terminal, while the user types their password. Furthermore, before executing the host application, the enhance program initially sets the pseudo terminal to noecho mode, so that every- thing that it sends to the program doesn't get redundantly echoed. If a program that switches to noecho mode explicitly restores echoing afterwards, rather than restoring the terminal modes that were previously in force, then subsequently, every time that you enter a new input line, a duplicate copy will be displayed on the next line. FILES
/usr/lib/libtecla.so tecla library ~/.teclarc tecla personal customization file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libtecla(3LIB), attributes(5), tecla(5) SunOS 5.10 18 May 2004 enhance(1)