Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using find in for loop
Operating Systems AIX using find in for loop Post 302231359 by muthursyamburi on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 07:19:17 AM
Old 09-02-2008
hi era,

i wont be able to predict the depth of sub-dirs. also, i need to go for variable inputs and cannot write *.sh as such. that i had given as an example. it could be different at different times. basically, those two values("/home/training" & "*.sh") i will be reading from an INI file.

and since its given as a variable, all these issues are coming. i am NOT adamant that i want to use "find" itself. any other solution will do for me. only thing is, i want to get all the 'typ' files from 'src' dirs. thats what i can put it in a nutshell. Smilie

anybody pls help me as i'm very much required it urgently... Smilie

tia
Smilie
Muthursyamburi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop with find

I'm trying to write a script to archive some log files, and I'm getting a little stuck. My 'find' command by itself works great, returning all of the log files I need, but when I try to combine it with my loop, I'm getting an error. Here's what I have so far: for FILENAME in $(find . -type f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kadishmj
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop and find not working ASAP

I grep some thing from file then in a loop give to find one by one but not working. #!/bin/bash grep -H DocumentRoot /etc/httpd/conf.d/*.conf | awk -F' ' '{ print $3 }'| sort -u | uniq > path.txt for j in `cat path.txt` do # echo "line is $i" find "$j" -type d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in loop find question at STEP 3

STEP 1 # Set variable FILE=/tmp/mainfile SEARCHFILE =/tmp/searchfile cat /tmp/mainfile Interface Ethernet0/0 "outside", is up, line protocol is up Hardware is i82546GB rev03, BW 100 Mbps Full-Duplex(Full-duplex), 100 Mbps(100 Mbps) MAC address 001e.f75e.8cb4, MTU 1500 IP address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irongeekio
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a string in a loop

Hi, Can anyone help with the problem below? I need to read all text files (file1, file2, file3) in a loop and find file1.txt: file2.txt: File3.txt: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find result using for loop

I want to print each file i found using the find command. And not able to list the files at all here is the code SEARCH_DIR="/filesinfolder"; PATH_COUNT=0 for result in "'/usr/bin/find $SEARCH_DIR -daystart \( \( -name 'KI*' -a -name '*.csv' \) -o -name '*_xyz_*' \) -mtime 1'" do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nuthalapati
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find in for loop

What's wrong with this script for i in Users.csv anc.csv > do > find . -name $i > doneDouble post. Continue here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theshashi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find in for loop

whats wrong with this script for i in Users.csv abd.csv > do > find . -name $i > done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theshashi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with Find—damn spaces!

Hi Guys, I'm trying to find all files with a particular extension and then loop some actions. The problem is that if the files have spaces in their names I get end up being each word as a separate result rather than the entire file. ext=".txt" out=".rtf" for i in $( find "$1" -name "*$ext" );... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command in for loop

i have executed the following command in terminal find /Users/vasu -name "*.txt" -print and i am getting the result /Users/vasu/file1.txt /Users/vasu/file2.txt /Users/vasu/file3.txtbut while i was trying to execute the same in the script it is not working,I tried with below logic in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmachava
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While loop, input from find command

Hello nix Experts, I am a *nix rookie and have run into this issue, can some one help me here and let me know what I am doing wrong. /home/user1> while read n > do > echo $n > done < <(find . -type f -ctime -1 | grep abc) I am getting the below error: -sh: syntax error near... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
5 Replies
Graph::UnionFind(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Graph::UnionFind(3pm)

NAME
Graph::UnionFind - union-find data structures SYNOPSIS
use Graph::UnionFind; my $uf = Graph::UnionFind->new; # Add the vertices to the data structure. $uf->add($u); $uf->add($v); # Join the partitions of the vertices. $uf->union( $u, $v ); # Find the partitions the vertices belong to # in the union-find data structure. If they # are equal, they are in the same partition. # If the vertex has not been seen, # undef is returned. my $pu = $uf->find( $u ); my $pv = $uf->find( $v ); $uf->same($u, $v) # Equal to $pu eq $pv. # Has the union-find seen this vertex? $uf->has( $v ) DESCRIPTION
Union-find is a special data structure that can be used to track the partitioning of a set into subsets (a problem known also as disjoint sets). Graph::UnionFind() is used for Graph::connected_components(), Graph::connected_component(), and Graph::same_connected_components() if you specify a true "union_find" parameter when you create an undirected graph. Note that union-find is one way: you cannot (easily) 'ununion' vertices once you have 'unioned' them. This means that if you delete edges from a "union_find" graph, you will get wrong results from the Graph::connected_components(), Graph::connected_component(), and Graph::same_connected_components(). API add $uf->add($v) Add the vertex v to the union-find. union $uf->union($u, $v) Add the edge u-v to the union-find. Also implicitly adds the vertices. has $uf->has($v) Return true if the vertex v has been added to the union-find, false otherwise. find $uf->find($v) Return the union-find partition the vertex v belongs to, or "undef" if it has not been added. new $uf = Graph::UnionFind->new() The constructor. same $uf->same($u, $v) Return true of the vertices belong to the same union-find partition the vertex v belongs to, false otherwise. AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Jarkko Hietaniemi jhi@iki.fi LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-11-27 Graph::UnionFind(3pm)