Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reverse search a text file from a specified line Post 302230056 by PacificWonder on Thursday 28th of August 2008 01:58:52 PM
Old 08-28-2008
"Or does "first up" in steps 3 and 5 mean the latest B before the current A?"

Yes, I only need to get the latest pattern B preceeding the current pattern A.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can search a String in one text file and replace the whole line in another file

i am very new to UNIX plz help me in this scenario i have two text files as below file1.txt name=Rajakumar. Discipline=Electronics and communication. Designation=software Engineer. file2.txt name=Kannan. Discipline=Mechanical. Designation=CADD Design Engineer. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read line in reverse order from file

dear all i want to read 5th no of line from last line of file. kindly suggest me possible ways. rgds jaydeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text from a file and print text and one previous line too

Hi, Please let me know how to find text and print text and its previous line. Please don't get irritated few days back I asked text and next line. I am using HP-UX 11.11 Thanks for your help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional reverse of certain file line order

Hi I am brand new to programming, I dont know how to go about this task, or what language is best for this...If there is an easy solution in different languages, I would love to see them. I want to learn about the steps to take on this, so Please put in comments where code is used. I believe in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlrookie
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search all file for particular text and make changes to line 3

Hi All, I am sitting on HPUX. I want to change the exit into #exit, which appears into 3red line of code in shell scripting, wondering how shell script to be called up to perform action. I have following code in all files. Now, I need to find the text exit and replace into #exit. #!/sbin/sh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better and efficient way to reverse search a file for first matched line number.

How to reverse search for a matched string in a file. Get line# of the first matched line. I am getting '2' into 'lineNum' variable. But it feels like I am using too many commands. Is there a better more efficiant way to do this on Unix? abc.log aaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbb... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL or SHELL Scrript to search in Directories by taking line by line from a text file

Unix box server version *********** >uname -r B.11.00 >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh --> in this server, I have the path like /IMbuild/dev/im0serv1 ---> in that directory I have the folders startup(.jsp files nearly 100 jsp's ) and scripts(contains .js files nearly 100 files) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasam
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies
CREATE TEXT SEARCH 
CONFIGURATION(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION(7) NAME
CREATE_TEXT_SEARCH_CONFIGURATION - define a new text search configuration SYNOPSIS
CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION name ( PARSER = parser_name | COPY = source_config ) DESCRIPTION
CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION creates a new text search configuration. A text search configuration specifies a text search parser that can divide a string into tokens, plus dictionaries that can be used to determine which tokens are of interest for searching. If only the parser is specified, then the new text search configuration initially has no mappings from token types to dictionaries, and therefore will ignore all words. Subsequent ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION commands must be used to create mappings to make the configuration useful. Alternatively, an existing text search configuration can be copied. If a schema name is given then the text search configuration is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created in the current schema. The user who defines a text search configuration becomes its owner. Refer to Chapter 12, Full Text Search, in the documentation for further information. PARAMETERS
name The name of the text search configuration to be created. The name can be schema-qualified. parser_name The name of the text search parser to use for this configuration. source_config The name of an existing text search configuration to copy. NOTES
The PARSER and COPY options are mutually exclusive, because when an existing configuration is copied, its parser selection is copied too. COMPATIBILITY
There is no CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION (ALTER_TEXT_SEARCH_CONFIGURATION(7)), DROP TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION (DROP_TEXT_SEARCH_CONFIGURATION(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION(7)