Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris A1000 Solaris 10 on Blade 1000 Post 302229987 by tribbles on Thursday 28th of August 2008 10:49:06 AM
Old 08-28-2008
A1000 Solaris 10 on Blade 1000

I have a SUN Blade 1000 running Solaris 10 and an A1000 array.
I know that this combo is not supported by SUN but will it work?
The raid manager software is installed and it says that the firmware needs to be upgraded -it is at I think level 2.05 something.
I can see all the disks in a probe-scsi-all but get errors when the system boots.
Should I upgrade the firmware? Do you know what patch to apply to do this?
Is there something more up to date than rm6 that would manage this setup?
Thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8 Notes: prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000 (UltraSPARC-III+) System clock frequency: 150 MHZ Memory size: 3GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Jumpstart Solaris 8 on Sun Blade 150 Hangs

We had to replace a hard drive in one of our Sun Blade 150s, but now it hangs during the Jumpstart. It will show 1 or 2 Timeout for ARP/RARP messages and then start the spinning numbers. It always stops at 2ae00 and just hangs there. We have 1 combined jumpstart server and it is also our NIS+... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stottsja
5 Replies

3. Solaris

SunBlade 1000, 'blocked' when trying to install Solaris 10

HW: SunBlade 1000 w/2x CPUs, DVD-ROM, XVR-1200 SW: Solaris 10 DVDs direct from Sun Tried: probing scsi, boot -r, reset-all When booting off cd: boot cdrom Boot device: /pci@8, 700000/scsi/scsi@6/disk@6,0:f File and args: SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_141444-09 64-bit Copyright... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: boolean2
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris: Blade 150 - XWINDOWS Problem

Hi, I have a Solaris 8.0 BLADE 150 machine. I have an onboard graphics alongwith an addon XVR500 graphics card. Now, when I use the motherboard graphics, I am not able to login to the XWINDOWS terminal, instead it stays on the console. But, if I insert the monitor cable to the XVR500 port,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
2 Replies

5. Hardware

Sun Blade 1000 keyboard not detected.

Hello, I have a sun blade 1000 machine, it passes post, has 2 750mhz sparc 3 cpus and has 4GB of ram. I have setup a TIP connection and did everything i could to figure what the hell is going on, but I cannot it seems to me that the usb ports are not giving out any power. I've tried all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstalling Solaris 9 on Sun Blade 100

For the past ten years I have owned a blade 100, and I had Solaris 9 running on it. Due to the fact, 9 is woefully out of date, I wanted to try 10, but 10 needed more ram, so I beefed up the ram to the full 2 gig. I have two 15 gig ide drives in the box (stock drives). But unfortunately solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichardET
2 Replies

7. Solaris

help installing solaris 10 on sun blade 1500

Hi everyone can someone please explain to me how to install solaris 10 on a sunblade 1500 using cdrom? Thanks for your assistance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Cannot install or run Solaris 8 on Sun Blade 150

Hi everybody, I'm having big troubles in installing Solaris 8 on a Sun Blade 150. Here are some system specs: Sun Blade 150 (UltraSPARC-IIe 550MHz) RAM: 256MB OBP 4.10.6 2003/06/06 12:30 POST 2.0.1 2001/08/23 17:13 When I try to boot from Solaris 8 CD with boot cdrom or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vortigern
10 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)