Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to perform checks line by line on a file Post 302229787 by muaz on Thursday 28th of August 2008 02:52:49 AM
Old 08-28-2008
I guess easy way to solve this to find a / character on end of each line. if it is present I would like to treat the path as an input to another command in the check, otherwise ignore.
For example:
1 /test/ ignore
2 /test/file.txt take /test/file.txt to another command
3 /data/ ignore
4 /data/file1.txt take /data/file1.txt to another command
and so on..
Another command is same for all.
Path starts from 5th position in every line.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform some checks on file using perl

hi i want check for PVCS header in file if its present then check if its in proper format or not i want to do this is in perl on windows. this is what i am doing : 1 . open file 2 . check for "PVCS information" if found then store the line no to $line var. 3 . check for "sccs" header ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform a check based on number of @ in a log line

Hello, I am intending to perform a check based on number of "@" , present in a line in a log file . The idea is basically to perform a check on cc or bcc sender, based on an email log, which shows all the for email address. Say if the number of @ is more than 30, I will consider it as a mass... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how do you parse 1 line at a time of file1 ie. line(n) each line into new file

File 1 <html>ta da....unique file name I want to give file=>343...</html> <html>da ta 234 </html> <html>pa da 542 </html> and so on... File 2 343 234 542 and so on, each line in File 1 one also corresponds with each line in File 2 I have tried several grep, sed, while .. read, do,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: web_developer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform action on newest line in log using tail?

I don't quite know what I'm doing, so this simple script is proving a challenge. Here is some pseudo code that doesn't work yet: if tail -1 "WORKING.txt" >/dev/null | egrep "^NMBR=*" > /dev/null then curl -k 'http://www.myserver.com/log.cgi?input=$?' echo "hi there" fi Purpose:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dihewidd
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to perform record format checks

Hi All, I have a requirement to perform the following checks. Input file is a "|" delimited file and looks like this. A|c1|c2|c3|.... B|G1|G2|G3.... C|H1|H2|H3... A|c4|c5|c6|.... B|G4|G5|G6.... C|H4|H5|H6... Now the check is to see if all the "A" records have a corresponding B... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsjdrr
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script - cut specified line and perform loop

Guys, I have a requirement as below. consider,if i use df command, its getting the below output. file system kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/sample/ 45765 40000 5765 50% / /dev/filesys/ 30000 20000 1000 80% /u .... .... Now i wanted to cut the /u... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies
Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)

NAME
Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting - How to do regression testing (for free!) SYNOPSIS
use Test::LectroTest regressions => "regressions.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest::Compat regressions => "regressions.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest::Compat playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; DESCRIPTION
Say that LectroTest uncovers a bug in your software by finding a random test case that proves one of your properties to be false. If you apply a fix for the bug, how can you be sure that LectroTest will re-test the property using the exact same test case that "broke" it before, just to be certain the bug really is fixed? And how can you be sure that future changes to your code will not reintroduce the same bug without your knowing it? For situations like these, LectroTest can record failure-causing test cases to a file, and it can play those test cases back as part of its normal testing strategy. The easiest way to take advantage of this feature is to set the regressions parameter when you "use" Test::LectroTest or Test::LectroTest::Compat: use Test::LectroTest regressions => "regressions.txt"; This tells LectroTest to use the file "regressions.txt" for both recording and playing back failures. If you want to record and play back from separate files, use the record_failures and playback_failures options: use Test::LectroTest::Compat playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; Here is how it works: 1. When testing a property named N, LectroTest will check for a play-back file. If the file exists, LectroTest will search it for test cases associated with N. If any such test cases exist, LectroTest will play them back before and in addition to performing the usual, random testing of the property. 2. When performing the usual, random testing of a property named N, if a failure occurs (i.e., LectroTest finds a counterexample), LectroTest will record the test case that caused the failure to the recording file, associating the test case with the name N. NOTE: If you pass any of the recording or playback parameters to Test::LectroTest::Compat, you must have version 0.3500 or greater of Test::LectroTest installed. (Module authors, update your modules' build dependencies accordingly.) The Test::LectroTest module itself, however, has always ignored unfamiliar parameters, and thus these options are backward compatible with older versions. SEE ALSO
Test::LectroTest gives a quick overview of automatic, specification-based testing with LectroTest. This module accepts failure recording and play-back options. Test::LectroTest::Compat lets you mix LectroTest with the popular family of Test::Builder-based modules such as Test::Simple and Test::More. This module accepts failure recording and play-back options. LECTROTEST HOME
The LectroTest home is http://community.moertel.com/LectroTest. There you will find more documentation, presentations, mailing-list archives, a wiki, and other helpful LectroTest-related resources. It's also the best place to ask questions. AUTHOR
Tom Moertel (tom@moertel.com) COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (c) 2004-06 by Thomas G Moertel. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2007-08-30 Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)