Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Plink connections to multiple unix servers Post 302229678 by patx on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 02:32:15 PM
Old 08-27-2008
I am looking at doing the same thing...

I made a simple BAT file that send a file with PSCP and a command with PLINK, it works fine but it hangs after PLINK...

What i would like to do is:

PSCP --- dreambox1
PLINK --- dreambox1
PSCP --- dreambox2
PLINK --- dreambox2
PSCP --- dreambox3
PLINK --- dreambox3

Thankx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I make multiple connections to the server in this case

Given the following code #!/usr/bin/perl -w use IO::Socket; my($handle, $line, $kidpid); $handle = IO::Socket::INET->new( PeerAddr =>"64.22.229.139", PeerPort =>"4321", Proto=>"tcp", ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frequency8
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh to change multiple ip in multiple servers?

good day. i jsut wanted to know what is the best script or the best way changing a lot of Ip's in all servers. Do you have any idea? im using awk to change IP,what if, you have lots of servers. You need to change it one by one? It will take time to change it manually. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep for a line in a file on multiple unix servers

Hi, I need to grep(look) for a line in filename named /tmp/Test on all 90 unix servers. Without logging to each servers manually and grep'ing for the line, is there a way to pull this info in output file thru' the ksh/sh/bash script. Can someone pl. help to create this script for me? Ex.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to Multiple internet connections manage into a single connection.

Dear all, Hope you are all fine & enjoying your good health. Look at this equation 1+1+1=3 So simple I just want to say that I have three internet connections of 1mb, 1mb & 1mb but I can use only 1mb connection at a time & other two connections are useless for me. But now I want to make all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a script that does a simple task on multiple unix servers.

hi guys, i need a script that does a simple task on multiple aix servers. if possible with both telnet and ssh. the simple task i wanna do is connect to a server and run "ifconfig -a" and get the output. nextweek i need to do similar jobs on like 50 servers... :( can anybody help me with making... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtis911
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what limits connections to Redhat servers?

Hey guys, We have two server environments that are acting different however they are different OS's... Ubuntu vs Redhat We have an Ubuntu environment that is able to maintain about 450 connections/second until about 120,000 connections. In our Redhat environment we are not able to match this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s ladd
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plink (processing multiple commands) using Bash

I'm completely brand new to bash scripting (migrating from Windows batch file scripting). I'm currently trying to write a bash script that will automatically reset "error-disabled" Cisco switch ports. Please forgive the very crude and inefficient script I have so far (shown below). It is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKANET
10 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parallel execution on multiple servers in UNIX

I have a requirement (in a shell script) to connect to several servers at once and execute a series of commands. I am aware that ssh can be used for sequential execution. But since most of the commands that I need to execute take a long time, I have to go for the parallel option. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneha1887
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to run UNIX alias from plink?

Hi, I am new to unix and plink in general. I want to run plink.exe on windows to execute alias command on unix. Is it possible? I can run simple unix commands from plink for ex: plink.exe -pw mypass myusername@hostip touch filename It successfully creates the "filename" file on the hostip host. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivanhou8219
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
Tk_SetAppName(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						  Tk_SetAppName(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_SetAppName - Set the name of an application for 'send' commands SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> const char * Tk_SetAppName(tkwin, name) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window in application. Used only to select a particular application. const char *name (in) Name under which to register the application. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_SetAppName associates a name with a given application and records that association on the display containing with the application's main window. After this procedure has been invoked, other applications on the display will be able to use the send command to invoke operations in the application. If name is already in use by some other application on the display, then a new name will be generated by appending " #2" to name; if this name is also in use, the number will be incremented until an unused name is found. The return value from the proce- dure is a pointer to the name actually used. If the application already has a name when Tk_SetAppName is called, then the new name replaces the old name. Tk_SetAppName also adds a send command to the application's interpreter, which can be used to send commands from this application to others on any of the displays where the application has windows. The application's name registration persists until the interpreter is deleted or the send command is deleted from interp, at which point the name is automatically unregistered and the application becomes inaccessible via send. The application can be made accessible again by calling Tk_SetAppName. Tk_SetAppName is called automatically by Tk_Init, so applications do not normally need to call it explicitly. The command tk appname provides Tcl-level access to the functionality of Tk_SetAppName. KEYWORDS
application, name, register, send command Tk 4.0 Tk_SetAppName(3)