Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Iterative operation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Iterative operation Post 302229668 by era on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 01:26:03 PM
Old 08-27-2008
dig is more scripting friendly (with the +short option you get just what you asked for, no "human-readable" chaff to remove), but if you prefer nslookup or host, adapt as needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split operation

Hello, How to undo split operation ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with arithmetic operation

I am using egrep to extract numbers from a file and storing them as variables in a script. But I am not able to do any arithmetic operations on the variables using "expr" because it stores them as char and not integers. Here is my code and the error I get. Any help will be appreciated. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emjayshaikh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array operation

Hi, I would like ask for you help for coding array operation. array= ( a b c d e f ) I would like to remove entry "d" from my array and import the remaining entries back to the array. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat operation

Hi, Can anyone explain me what is the functionality of this code cat << EOF > $TSTFILE /$1/ { print "SENT" } EOF Suggestions welcome Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with some iterative file processing

Gurus - Please help with this urgent situation. I have the following problem to solve using a shell script: 1. There are about 13 files named CONTAINER_1.lst, CONTAINER_2.lst, CONTAINER_3.lst .....CONTAINER_13.lst 2. Each of these files contain about 8 lines (in most cases) containing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string operation

I am trying to ask for full name in a script, Then echo back to the user with the surname only, omitting the first name. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orjnet
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterative statement to cut values from a line

Hi I am new to shell scripting and trying to get values from a text file, I have a text file with values seperated with "|". like aga|120220090525|120220090525|120220090525|120220090530 bab|120220090530|120220090530|120220090535|120220090535|120220090535... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterative parsing

I have always struggled when parsing a file vertically vs. by line horizontally. Can't seem to get my head around the concept. Here again I need to convert vertical output to horizontal output. original output root@acuransx:bpplsched 2000-STAND3 -v -M acuransx -l <2>bpplsched: INITIATING:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jouuu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then else - Retry operation

I need to read a file line by line, then depending on the contents of each line, type in a code that will get written to an array. The problem I have is when I ask the user to confirm the input code, if it is wrong, how do i Return to ask again? Any thing I try increments the file to the next... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
6 Replies
PDL2(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  PDL2(1p)

NAME
pdl2 - Simple shell (version 2) for PDL SYNOPSIS
Use PDL interactively: %> pdl2 pdl> $a = sequence(10) # or any other perl or PDL command pdl> print "$a = $a "; $a = [0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] DESCRIPTION
The "pdl2" program, also known as the Perldl2 shell, is a second generation version of the original "perldl" interactive PDL shell. It attempts to be backward compatible in usage while providing improved features, better support for Perl syntax, and an more easily extended framework based on the Devel::REPL shell. If you have Devel::REPL version 1.003011 or later, then "pdl2" will start with full functionality. If Devel::REPL is not installed or found then "pdl2" will print a warning and run the legacy "perldl" shell command instead. By default, command lines beginning with the default prompt of either "pdl2" or "perldl" (one of 'pdl> ', 'PDL> ', or 'perldl> ') will have the prefix string and surrounding whitespace stripped. This allows for easy cut-and-paste from sample PDL shell sessions or other examples into another PDL shell session. FUNCTIONS
do_print Toggle print-by-default on and off (default value: off) By default, "pdl2" does not print the results of operations since the results can be very large (e.g., a small 640x480 RGBA image is still more than 1_000_000 elements). However, for experimenting and debugging more complex structures, it helps to see the results of every operation. The "do_print" routine allows you to toggle between the default "quiet" operation and a full Read, Evaluate, Loop style. pdl> $a = pdl(3,2) pdl> do_print 1 pdl> $a = pdl(3,2) $PDL1 = [3 2]; pdl> do_print pdl> $a = pdl(3,2) VARIABLES
$PDL::toolongtoprint The maximal size pdls to print (defaults to 10000 elements). This is not just a "perldl" or "pdl2" variable but it is something that is usually needed in an interactive debugging session. SEE ALSO
perldl, Devel::REPL perl v5.14.2 2012-05-19 PDL2(1p)