Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enable SMT
Operating Systems AIX Enable SMT Post 302229561 by shockneck on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 08:00:19 AM
Old 08-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjm
Hi ,

Its a p550 server and I have migrated that server to aix 5.3 ml 7 but still when i run smtctl is give error comand not found.
Check whether the fileset is installed.
Code:
(0)aix12i:/home/shockneck> which_fileset smtctl
/usr/sbin/smtctl                        bos.rte.methods 5.3.0.0
(0)aix12i:/home/shockneck>
(0)aix12i:/home/shockneck> lslpp -l bos.rte.methods
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Path: /usr/lib/objrepos
  bos.rte.methods           5.3.0.62  COMMITTED  Device Config Methods
(0)aix12i:/home/shockneck>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Smt

How do you turn SMT(symm multi threading).I think that is what it's called.:) TIA Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to enable rsh

HELP..... How to enable and disable RSH in solaris 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gini
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Anything like AIX's SMT?

I'm working on a system to monitor a wide-range of Unix platforms, and I'd like to know if HP-UX has anything similar to AIX's SMT (simultaneous multithreading)? If there a way to separate an HP-UX CPU into multiple logical partitions which can then act as multiple CPUs? Thanks in advance, Dave (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveZeltserman
0 Replies

4. Solaris

enable log

dear all i want to enable the below logs can you help me /var/adm/xferlog /var/spool/uucp/.Admin thanx you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

how do i enable messaging

hi guyz i work as a system administrator for some organization(am a newbie). one of the solaris machines is loaded with the messenger server...all configured by a former administrator. my task was to create user accounts for the mail and calendar services and as i checked its not working .....i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henokia4j
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

7. SCO

Auditing: how to enable?

edit: solution found Auditing Quick Start and Compatibility Notes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why cant I use enable command

Why can I not use the enable command? *sofiazoe* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anglenasalt
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enable lpfc changes!

Hi Folks! I am writing a script which changes lpfc.conf if there it has been setup on RHEL BOXes, do I need to put dracut -f for enabling it? I am not sure, Can someone help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
6 Replies

10. AIX

Shared-SMT-4 vs Dedicated-SMT-4 on capped LPAR

Hi, I have a POWER8 server running in Processor Implementation Mode: POWER 7. I have 2 LPAR's, both are capped with 4 cores. One of them displays: Shared-SMT-4 and the other: Dedicated-SMT-4 What is the difference when running in capped mode? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitlib
1 Replies
BOS_HELP(8)						       AFS Command Reference						       BOS_HELP(8)

NAME
bos_help - Displays help for bos commands SYNOPSIS
bos help [-topic <help string>+] [-help] bos h [-t <help string>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos help command displays the complete online help entry (short description and syntax statement) for each command operation code specified by the -topic argument. If the -topic argument is omitted, the output includes the first line (name and short description) of the online help entry for every bos command. To list every bos command whose name or short description includes a specified keyword, use the bos apropos command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string>+ Indicates each command for which to display the complete online help entry. Omit the bos part of the command name, providing only the operation code (for example, specify status, not bos status). If this argument is omitted, the output briefly describes every bos command. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The online help entry for each bos command consists of the following two or three lines: o The first line names the command and briefly describes its function. o The second line lists aliases for the command, if any. o The final line, which begins with the string "Usage", lists the command's options in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the same symbols (for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document. EXAMPLES
The following command displays the online help entry for the bos status command: % bos help status bos status: show server instance status Usage: bos status -server <machine name> [-instance <server process name>+] [-long] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
bos(8), bos_apropos(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_HELP(8)