Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Best development language to monitor the unix server Post 302229431 by S_venkatesh on Wednesday 27th of August 2008 03:01:19 AM
Old 08-27-2008
Thank you for your replys.
broli.can we create the web application using shell script.
If we can, please give some idea to achieve this

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The Development of the C Language

LINK The Development of the C Language http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/chist.html By: Dennis M. Ritchie Bell Labs/Lucent Technologies Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA Paper History of C Language Development. B to C to BCPL (Ansi Standard). Check it out. This paper studies its evolution &... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X-server and UNIX: monitor refresh rate

Hello. I'm running OpenBSD3.5 with GNOME2.4. The problem is that the monitors flickers. I'd like to know how to increase the vertical refresh rate. thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sablot
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

server monitor script...

hi all i have a script which will write a log file depending upon output of TOP command ( i am on HP-UX ) and some rules to analyze processes if process falls under that rule then log entry in file. i am ready with this part i have perl script which does this for me but i have 3 HP servers and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to monitor Unix server CPU status?

I like to know how to monitor the UNIX CPU/memory status over time. I need to data to do some graphical representation of the server load. I sort of need to keep track of the vmstat but i dont know how. I hope someone would kindly help me out. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shingpui
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Monitor server's health

Dear all, There wasn't any monitoring on our server except on the filesystem. Therefore, I was wondering anything i should do on a daily basis to check on the server's status, health, hardware, or any other thing as a disaster prevention? Also, what command i should use to do that? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Web development language choice?

Hello, After a bit of basic advice please. What web development languages are available and what are the advantages of each? If this is too basic a question, can someone please signpost so i may research this. I ask as I have a couple of websites that i need to develop but new to programming... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: maqsood
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with little bash server monitor script

hello, i`m new in bash scripting and i getting an error with my little server monitoring script example of my script: #!/bin/sh s1_ats=0 while ; do sleep 5 s1=`ping -c 1 xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx | grep 64 | awk '{print $1}'` if ; then $s1_ats=0 else if ; then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grauzikas
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Any way we can create an SMTP server and use any scripting language to read emails from that server

Is there any way to create an SMTP mail server will all granular permissions to it so that I can read emails which that server receives through any scripting language and also reply from the same server automatically? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to Monitor Tomcat App Server?

Tomcat stops logging intermittently for brief intervals of time like for 5 or 6 secs I wish to monitor if my Tomcat process gets stuck, hung or even shutdown or remains healthy at the time i see the problem of no logging. Can you please let me know how can i monitor Tomcat Application... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
statd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 statd(1M)

NAME
statd - network status monitor SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/statd DESCRIPTION
statd is an intermediate version of the status monitor. It interacts with lockd(1M) to provide the crash and recovery functions for the locking services on NFS. statd keeps track of the clients with processes which hold locks on a server. When the server reboots after a crash, statd sends a message to the statd on each client indicating that the server has rebooted. The client statd processes then inform the lockd on the client that the server has rebooted. The client lockd then attempts to reclaim the lock(s) from the server. statd on the client host also informs the statd on the server(s) holding locks for the client when the client has rebooted. In this case, the statd on the server informs its lockd that all locks held by the rebooting client should be released, allowing other processes to lock those files. lockd is started by automountd(1M), mount_nfs(1M), and share(1M) if NFS automounts are needed. FILES
/var/statmon/sm lists hosts and network addresses to be contacted after a reboot /var/statmon/sm.bak lists hosts and network addresses that could not be contacted after last reboot /var/statmon/state includes a number which changes during a reboot /usr/include/rpcsvc/sm_inter.x contains the rpcgen source code for the interface services provided by the statd daemon. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), automountd(1M), lockd(1M), mount_nfs(1M), share(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services NOTES
The crash of a server is only detected upon its recovery. The statd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/nfs/status Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. If it is disabled, it will be enabled by mount_nfs(1M), share_nfs(1M), and automountd(1M) unless its application/auto_enable prop- erty is set to false. SunOS 5.10 18 Nov 2004 statd(1M)