Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Unable to delete a file through SAMBA Post 302229372 by era on Tuesday 26th of August 2008 06:52:18 PM
Old 08-26-2008
There used to be a tool called smbstat which would sometimes tell you which client was blocking what you were trying to do. I guess it's still around, Google hits look promising.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unable to configure samba on linux 7.1

Hello I am able to connect from Linux machine to Windows machine, but i can not connect from Windows to Linux. Even i can print also from linux to windows... what could be the problem... pl help. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twadkar
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to delete file for permission problem

Hi, We are facing problem to delete some logfiles. Explaing with example for clear understanding : we have 2 accounts : prdpqrs (application account) & prodxyz (admin account - not root). Both of them are in same group called 'release' While prodxyz is trying to remove a file owned by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to delete a file

Hi .. I am trying to deleta a file but i cant do the error i get is rm: hs_pdref_custom_dict_PG1_out_76_out non-existent but when i do ls it is listing the in the directory ... please find the filed below.... -rw-r----- 1 tsta107 users 118011030 Dec 1 04:07... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to delete files

I have more than 1 million files (No directories). rm -rf * did not work. How do i delete all these files at a stretch in a single command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to delete an open file

I am working on a unix server. I killed all the processes with my id on the machine. After that I tried to delete a file, I got an error:- file not removed.Text File busy. Deletion of directory prompted:- Directory not empty. Can anyone help me regarding this...??? Thanks, Vikas (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasrout
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync help - unable to delete the Source file

Hi All, I am facing problem deleting Source while using the rsync command. rsync --include=*`date --date="-1 day" \+\%Y\%m\%d`* --include=*`date +\%Y\%m\%d`* --exclude=* --delete-after -auvb -e ssh USER@SERVER:SOURCE DESTINATION However the sync happens but not the deletion of the source... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to overwrite but can delete file

I'm debugging a ksh script written by someone else that does the following: It runs a command and redirects stdout to a file called dberror that already exists using ">". This command fails with the following error: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. dberror:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: savage66
1 Replies

8. Proxy Server

Unable to access Samba share with Ubuntu on Win7

I have an issue with my Samba share - I am unable to write to it, edit a file or rename a folder etc within Windows. I am using Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 and this is my Samba config. I can connect to the /sylius directory no problem (no password required), but I cannot save to it. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
3 Replies

9. AIX

Unable to delete files

heapdump716960.1416296627.txt heapdump716960.1416299494.txt heapdump716960.1416302375.txt trying to delete the above files root@atec:/oratec/prodcomn/temp>rm heap*.*.txt ksh: /usr/bin/rm: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. root@atec:/oratec/prodcomn/temp>rm heap*.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tried many options but unable to delete blank lines from text file

Hi, I tried the following options but was unable to delete blank lines from file Input file = temp.hash.txt temp.hash.txt content 90 0 89.56 0 0 57575.4544 56.89 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
9 Replies
Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm)

NAME
Gnome2::VFS::Drive - Container around Gnome2::VFS::Volume HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gnome2::VFS::Drive METHODS
string = $drive->get_activation_uri integer = $a->compare ($b) o $b (Gnome2::VFS::Drive) string = $drive->get_device_path devicetype = $drive->get_device_type string = $drive->get_display_name $drive->eject ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) string = $drive->get_hal_udi Since: vfs 2.8 string = $drive->get_icon unsigned = $drive->get_id boolean = $drive->is_connected boolean = $drive->is_mounted boolean = $drive->is_user_visible $drive->mount ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) list = $drive->get_mounted_volumes Since: vfs 2.8 boolean = $drive->needs_eject Since: vfs 2.16 $drive->unmount ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) SIGNALS
volume-mounted (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) volume-pre-unmount (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) volume-unmounted (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gnome2::VFS::DeviceType o 'unknown' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_UNKNOWN' o 'audio-cd' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_AUDIO_CD' o 'video-dvd' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_VIDEO_DVD' o 'harddrive' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_HARDDRIVE' o 'cdrom' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_CDROM' o 'floppy' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_FLOPPY' o 'zip' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_ZIP' o 'jaz' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_JAZ' o 'nfs' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_NFS' o 'autofs' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_AUTOFS' o 'camera' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_CAMERA' o 'memory-stick' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_MEMORY_STICK' o 'smb' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_SMB' o 'apple' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_APPLE' o 'music-player' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_MUSIC_PLAYER' o 'windows' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_WINDOWS' o 'loopback' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_LOOPBACK' o 'network' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_NETWORK' SEE ALSO
Gnome2::VFS, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2007 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gnome2::VFS for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm)